Old 09-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Pond Tragedy (long post)

True story: my vet told me about a friend of hers who came out one morning
to find a dead bass in her pond and a koi missing. It seems that one of our
fish-eating birds had caught a bass and was flying back to the nest with it
when s/he spotted this nice, clean pond with brightly colored fish in it. It
dropped the bass and took home a nice koi for her kids, instead. Children
LIKE bright colors, ya know! Maybe yours got dropped???

Lee

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
We must have offended the pond gods!

snip

From the "we must have offended the pond gods" department. I drained about
50% of the water out of my pond yesterday and got in to clean out as much
mud as I could. The Calcite definitely helped as there was about 5 inches

of
clay on the bottom of the pond. I refilled slowly over hours, and did not
treat the water. I know, I know, no need to tell me. The water is still
cloudy but I plan to give it a day or so.

So we're standing there, and my wife says, "I'd be so happy to see a

fish",
and WHAM there goes a fish eating a bug. We went out last night, and when

we
came home, I saw 3-4 fish swimming along, chomping on bugs. Now here is

the
gods part. I found a dead fish. I suspect the surge of new water untreated
did him in. I should be punished. But here is the weird part. I have no

idea
what the fish was. To date, I have put a few minnows and 2 25 cent goldies
in. This fish was way too big to be one of my minnows and way to small to

be
one of the goldies. I am perplexed.

BV.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Really trippy! Strange things happens to us ponders! God knows what else
is in our pond!!!

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message