Old 10-06-2003, 06:56 PM
K30a

Default liverwort

Whilst moving a pot of cattails here and there around
the pond the other day I had an opportunity to get up
close to the waterfall.
I found a new plant growing there.
A liverwort. Almost seaweedy looking only fuzzier.
For those of you who have the POND LIFE book,
revised edition, it is on page 39.

This just fascinates me. Where did it come from?
(me thinks birdy digestive tracks)
Like the bladderwort showing up in the frog bog
last year.

k30a
Old 10-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

K30a wrote:
Whilst moving a pot of cattails here and there around
the pond the other day I had an opportunity to get up
close to the waterfall.
I found a new plant growing there.
A liverwort. Almost seaweedy looking only fuzzier.
For those of you who have the POND LIFE book,
revised edition, it is on page 39.

This just fascinates me. Where did it come from?
(me thinks birdy digestive tracks)
Like the bladderwort showing up in the frog bog
last year.

k30a

I think you're correct in thinking a birdy did it!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 11-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Moontanman

This just fascinates me. Where did it come from?
(me thinks birdy digestive tracks)
Like the bladderwort showing up in the frog bog
last year.

Liverworts reproduce by spores that are spread by the wind.
Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me

liverwort control Eileen United Kingdom 5 10-08-2012 12:36 PM
liverwort No Name Gardening 4 27-04-2012 06:49 PM
Liverwort Willi Garden Photos 2 18-03-2012 07:05 PM
1st liverwort Willi Garden Photos 2 10-03-2011 03:24 PM
liverwort invasion Albert Jeans[_2_] Gardening 1 15-01-2011 03:55 PM