Old 25-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Eileen

Default liverwort control

I have trouble with liverwort, in dampish patches on gravel and in and
around plants. Have tried all sorts of weed sprays, Jeyes fluid, vinegar, .
Any other ideas please?

Old 25-01-2005, 06:20 AM
JennyC

"Eileen" wrote in message
I have trouble with liverwort, in dampish patches on gravel and in and
around plants. Have tried all sorts of weed sprays, Jeyes fluid, vinegar, .
Any other ideas please?

Hi Eileen,

If you go to google and type in liverwort control you'll get masses of
links to pages about the subject :~))

I actually find them rather pretty !
Jenny

Old 25-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article , JennyC wrote:

"Eileen" wrote in message
I have trouble with liverwort, in dampish patches on gravel and in and
around plants. Have tried all sorts of weed sprays, Jeyes fluid, vinegar, .
Any other ideas please?

If you go to google and type in liverwort control you'll get masses of
links to pages about the subject :~))

And nothing will work. Cure the dampness and they will go. Don't
and they won't.

I actually find them rather pretty !

Yes, so do I - and they aren't hard to remove by hand.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 26-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Eileen

Thanks for your replies - can't realistically alter the dampness, so will
instead try to see them in a different light!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
I have trouble with liverwort, in dampish patches on gravel and in and
around plants. Have tried all sorts of weed sprays, Jeyes fluid, vinegar, .
Any other ideas please?
On gravel and on paving stones use boiling water, i.e. fill your kettle!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Any other ideas please?
Liverwort is, biologically, the same as moss, so mosskiller will work on it. DIY places sell stuff to spray on paving to kill moss and algae. In my experience, they work. It's not a permanent solution though, it grows back after a while, and in conditions particularly favourable for their growth, it can grow back very quickly. I treated my paving in May this year, and such has been the the cool damp summer this year that in the more shaded areas it is already growing back strongly. Usually it waits until winter...

liverwort No Name Gardening 4 27-04-2012 06:49 PM
Liverwort Willi Garden Photos 2 18-03-2012 07:05 PM
1st liverwort Willi Garden Photos 2 10-03-2011 03:24 PM
liverwort invasion Albert Jeans[_2_] Gardening 1 15-01-2011 03:55 PM
liverwort K30a Ponds 4 19-06-2003 06:40 AM