Old 15-06-2003, 05:32 PM
John Rutz

Default ping ingrid

wrote:
sigh. well I suppose you could. this is the concentration and time Jo Ann came up
with for GF by experimentation, meaning the flukes are dead and the fish show no bad
reaction at ALL. She is very fussy about any residual effects on her GF.
I dont suppose a couple seconds one way or the other is going to do much for koi. I
think you might have to get some trash koi and work out the details. maybe report
back? Ingrid

"BenignVanilla" m wrote:

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message

BV, that's the dosage for "quick and clean" dip for flukes. He could use
Prazi or SupaVerm if he had it handy, but this little fish is in deep
kimchee. The green algae stuff growing on him is probably saprogenia, a
fungal infection. He probably either got hurt, lost a scale or otherwise

got

damaged and the pond funkies took advantage of him. Peroxide is on hand;
other meds are not. The little fish's gills are seriously compromised.

I guess what I meant was, could you use a lower concentration for a longer
time to be safer for the fish. 10 seconds, and no more, sounds like a
dangerous method.

BV.

--

FYI Ingrid
when we dipped we had 115 Koi,, we now have 100,, 5 of the ones that

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 15-06-2003, 06:20 PM

the 10 may or may not have died from over dipping. the gill disease is secondary
or tertiary to the parasites and bacteria. To be honest with you, this is not an
easily treated problem you have and you may lose more yet, sadly.
I just talked to Jo Ann, she says to be sure to feed em antibiotic food, either romet
B or food soaked in kanamycin. Ingrid

Ping Ingrid Bill Stock Ponds 1 09-10-2004 03:19 PM
OT Ingrid ad-aware 6 is available Hal Ponds 6 24-02-2004 05:03 PM
Ingrid re Hydrogen peroxide dip John Rutz Ponds 6 16-06-2003 05:32 AM
Images: Ingrid Bergman, Superstar Jon Murdock Roses 1 13-05-2003 12:44 PM
Ping Ingrid, RichToyBox and others Frys Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 8 01-04-2003 04:20 PM