Old 15-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Doug Ulberg

Default Rubbermaid Containers

I am looking for the heavy weight Rubbermaid Containers to make a filter.
Does anyone know where I can find them? I went to Home Depot, but they
didn't have them. Doug

--
http://dulberg.smugmug.com/

Old 15-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Oingofan

You normally need to get them at a feed and tack store. Look them up
in the Yellow Pages.
Oingofan

Old 15-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Charles

wrote:

I am looking for the heavy weight Rubbermaid Containers to make a filter.
Does anyone know where I can find them? I went to Home Depot, but they
didn't have them. Doug

I just got one from a feed store today, 70 gallon, the smaller of the
ones they had, they also had 100 gallon.

--

- Charles
-
Old 15-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Nanceemo

If you have a Costco, they have some great tubs called muck buckets ... oval
and a good size. No lids, though.

Old 15-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Charles

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:08:31 GMT, "Gareee©"
wrote:

How much do they run?

The 70 was $97, or $105.05 with tax, I didn't ask about the 100.

--

- Charles
-
Old 18-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Gareee©

Are any of these large container clear, like tupperware?

Reason I'm asking, is we created a small scale pond a few years ago with a
4'X3' tupperware like container, surrounded by rocks and then a small flower
garden. We only had a few months to do anything our first year here, and it
actually worked out quite well.

One of the things that worked out SO well, was taking some of that
tubelight, and running it around the container, before putting it in the
ground. In essence, we has a pond that had light all the way around it's
perimeter underground! We used blue, and it was SO cool looking! Because of
the container's opaque quality, you couldn't see the light tube, but just
got a GREAT soft glow. They are pretty well made moisture tolerant, an we
still use that same rope light 2 years later outside above ground.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 18-06-2003, 03:44 PM
John Hines

"Gareee?" wrote:

Are any of these large container clear, like tupperware?

Stock tanks are not. I've only seen grey/black color.

Old 18-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Gareee©

"John Hines" wrote in message
"Gareee?" wrote:

Are any of these large container clear, like tupperware?

Stock tanks are not. I've only seen grey/black color.

I did find some on Rubbermaid's website, and white is also available, but
not clear/opaque.

Old 18-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Pinkpggy

If you have a Costco, they have some great tubs called muck buckets ... oval
and a good size. No lids, though.

I didn't see the orginal of this post, but we bought large buckets at petsmart,
ones that are used for feeding horses or cattle. No lids though.
Jan
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/us.html

Old 19-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Gareee©

"Pinkpggy" wrote in message
If you have a Costco, they have some great tubs called muck buckets ...

oval
and a good size. No lids, though.

I didn't see the orginal of this post, but we bought large buckets at

petsmart,
ones that are used for feeding horses or cattle. No lids though.
Jan
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/us.html

Hey Jan.. are those translucent, or colored?