Old 17-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Bob Adkins

Default Do hyacinths propagate?

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:51:06 -0500, "D.S." wrote:

I can't get them to grow no matter what I do!

Share your secret. You can be a multi-millionaire. :-)

Bob
Old 17-06-2003, 03:44 PM
gerry

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:25:09 GMT, Michael Shaffer
wrote:

If you give them lots of sun they will EXPLODE. We went on vacation last
summer and when we came back 2 weeks later the whole pond was chock full
of them. However, with little sun I find they grow much much slower.

They need warmth! In MA here, my indoor ones (under halide light to winter
them) are growing like crazy, the ones I moved outdoors are just sitting
there. I'd like to have the lights off by now.

If they have light and warmth, sometimes they don't have enough fertilizer
or, more commonly, short on potash.

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com

~~
New to alt.hvac?
FAQ: http://home.att.net/~alt.hvac/
Charter: http://home.att.net/~alt.hvac/charter.htm
Netiquette: http://home.att.net/~alt.hvac/netiquet.htm
Old 17-06-2003, 04:20 PM
BenignVanilla

wrote:

If you give them lots of sun they will EXPLODE. We went on vacation last
summer and when we came back 2 weeks later the whole pond was chock full
of them. However, with little sun I find they grow much much slower.

They need warmth! In MA here, my indoor ones (under halide light to winter
them) are growing like crazy, the ones I moved outdoors are just sitting
there. I'd like to have the lights off by now.

If they have light and warmth, sometimes they don't have enough fertilizer
or, more commonly, short on potash.

I wonder if I should bring mine in to the aquarium for a few weeks to jump
start them?

BV.

Old 18-06-2003, 03:44 PM
gerry

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:12:56 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

.. .
wrote:

If you give them lots of sun they will EXPLODE. We went on vacation last
summer and when we came back 2 weeks later the whole pond was chock full
of them. However, with little sun I find they grow much much slower.

They need warmth! In MA here, my indoor ones (under halide light to winter
them) are growing like crazy, the ones I moved outdoors are just sitting
there. I'd like to have the lights off by now.

If they have light and warmth, sometimes they don't have enough fertilizer
or, more commonly, short on potash.

I wonder if I should bring mine in to the aquarium for a few weeks to jump
start them?

Or put them in a "cold frame" - temporary mini greenhouse".They need LOTS of
light. Note I use halide lights.

gerry

Propagate Jasmine? O United Kingdom 4 08-07-2003 02:08 AM
Do locusts propagate via root cuttings Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 06-07-2003 06:05 PM
when do swords propagate? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 20-04-2003 06:26 AM
when do swords propagate? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 9 01-04-2003 05:56 PM
Evergreen Clematis Armandi - propagate? [email protected] Gardening 2 20-03-2003 02:08 PM