Old 22-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default Pond Pix

Yeah, now that you mention it, it IS a male thing! Even the little girls
in the neighborhood just lean way over to peer in, but nope - not the boys!
OK, let's add that to our list of "male bashing" topics. And let's see
who can figure out the Freudian reasoning behind it.
Sue

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
snip
"Harvey, those rocks weren't really put there to support you, they're for
decoration" he can't seem to resist. Or maybe this is MY fault. Maybe

if I
hadn't placed big ones there they wouldn't be tempted. Hmmmmm.......
Sue

Ah, Sue, don't go there (blaming yourself) you did a wonderful job, looks
like the pond was nature made, can't get much better than that. Regarding
people and rocks.... maybe it's a male thing. ;o) Even with my small rock
border, it's always the guys who have to be right up there, and being all
dry stacked they'll kick one in by accident. Not sure how 6" closer can
improve the view? The ladies, otoh, sometimes have to be invited to even
walk on the grass. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 22-06-2003, 10:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Either a sign, like Bonnie suggested, or how about a little rock talk on
top of the big rock? Like one of those that says something.... in
particular I've always liked the one that says "Turn me over" so you do and
it says, "that's better".
Or how about:
"Rocks are our friends, do you stand on your friends?"
"Watch out for falling rocks, they'll take you with them when they go."
"Ouch!"
"Don't squish me."
Then there's always Cybe's comment written in stone.... The townfolks will
be saying, "Sue has the most b*tchin' rocks in town!" ;o) ~ jan

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:07:18 -0400, "Sue Alexandre"
wrote:

LOL Thanks, Cyber, but unfortunately, this big guy is also the LOUDEST guy
in the neighborhood. He's all heart, dumb as a rock, nothing but sweetness
and caring, not a malicious bone in his body, and he would bellow back, even
louder "I'm so sorry - I forgot! I never meant to make you mad - please,
please, pleeeeeeease, don't be mad at me!" and the neighbors would think I
was the biggest b*tch that ever walked the planet. Besides, I can't shout
what you suggested.... I can't figure out what the last "endearing" name is
in your quote. LOL Of course, I can come up with a few good guesses.
Who knows - next time I'm feeling "hormonal" and I see him threatening the
stability of my rocks, something similar may just spew from my mouth - I'll
let you know if it works.
Sue

"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote in message
news:20030616132333.002ea623.cyber_wizard@mindspr ing.com...
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:02:13 -0400
"Sue Alexandre" wrote:

thus, the large rocks SOLIDLY placed, but I never dreamed they would
have to support the 280 lb. next door neighbor, who, no matter how
many times I say"Harvey, those rocks weren't really put there to
support you, they're for decoration" he can't seem to resist. Or
maybe this is MY fault. Maybe if I hadn't placed big ones there they
wouldn't be tempted. Hmmmmm....... Sue

In the loudest voice of which you are capable, scream, "Get off my
G*dd*mned rocks and /stay/ off, *ssh*le!"
Worked for me very well.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.

Old 23-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
Either a sign, like Bonnie suggested, or how about a little rock talk on
top of the big rock? Like one of those that says something.... in
particular I've always liked the one that says "Turn me over" so you do and
it says, "that's better".

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

I have that rock!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 23-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Did I hear you call my name?

We, Men of course by nature are the Lion slayer, and the new land explorer!
That's how we were wired. So whenever there is any new grounds to explore,
we are wired to do it up close and personal! It's not our fault!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 23-06-2003, 08:40 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:40:06 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

Did I hear you call my name?

We, Men of course by nature are the Lion slayer, and the new land explorer!
That's how we were wired. So whenever there is any new grounds to explore,
we are wired to do it up close and personal! It's not our fault!

So when did you last slay a lion, Just Me? Isn't it time to evolve with the
ladies? We gave up rug beating in a heart beat when the vacuum was
invented. ;o) ~ jan

Old 23-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Sue Alexandre

Hmmmmm, OK.... not bad, not bad. When it comes to justifying men's
behavior around rocks, that was a decent attempt, "Oh Mighty Explorer".
Sue

Old 23-06-2003, 02:08 PM
rtk

Unbelievably, I have worn away my fingerprints playing with rocks,
especially the little river stones. Gloves? What are those? Tools? Huh?

Ruth Kazez

Old 23-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Hello to all the Men out there! Need additional reinforcement here! Jan
and Sue have poked holes in my justification. I can't come up with anymore
other than just shouting back to them that we do it because it is there to
be done, that's all!

--
_______________________________________

Old 23-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Sue Alexandre

Oh, I wear gloves, for about 10 minutes of every ponding session. Within 10
minutes I've become so totally and completely frustrated at trying to work
with gloves on I tear them off! But the nail places love me.... I'm in
there often for repairs.
Sue

Nov pond pix Sean Dinh Ponds 0 29-11-2004 05:45 PM
Nov pond pix Sean Dinh Ponds 0 29-11-2004 05:45 PM
Our pond pix Sally Thompson United Kingdom 35 02-12-2003 12:42 PM
Rose and flower pix!!! Jon Murdock Roses 2 24-02-2003 10:30 PM
Rose and flower pix!!! Jon Murdock Gardening 1 24-02-2003 05:27 AM