Old 15-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default Pond Pix

OK, thought I'd do my part and post some pix of my main pond and my brand
new turtle pond. And since it was/is gorgeous here today (finally!) I had
no excuse NOT to go out and take some digital pix.
http://pub14.bravenet.com/photocente...num=1121001058

Hope that works!
Sue

Old 15-06-2003, 11:32 PM
K30a

Very nice, lush and relaxing looking.
(Provided we let ourselves relax!
DH was weeding the waterfall today.)

k30a
Old 16-06-2003, 12:44 AM
jammer

Nice, Sue! Do you have any turtles?

Old 16-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Sue Alexandre

Well.... I HAD two turtles. I bought a RES at the local pet store and was
very happy with him, he was tame, friendly, and literally eating out of my
hand. Then the next door neighbor showed up with a "present" for me.... an
Eastern Painted he found walking along the road, so I was the proud owner of
TWO. Unfortunately, for some reason, once the second one was added, the
original one wasn't as tame or calm anymore.... guess he was taking pointers
from the wild one. And then Saturday morning when I went out to feed them
I only found one... the painted. I still can't figure out HOW for the life
of me the RES got out..... every spot looks so "turtle proof" to me, but
then again I'm not a turtle. I've built up the sides and the overhang even
more, and am hoping the one does not find an escape route. The
neighbor who brought him to me has now got the entire phone company on
turtle watch, telling them all to grab any turtle they see and donate it to
my pond. I had to tell him to "call off the possie" because I really didn't
think the pond would comfortably accommodate more than 2 or 3. So.... let's
see what the crew comes up with.
Sue

Old 16-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Denise

AWESOME pond, Sue! Really looks like it's always been there.

Love the friendly fish too. My newest one, a butterfly koi, is feeling
very at home and lets me hand feed and pet now :-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 16-06-2003, 03:08 AM
jammer

That's a shame that the first one left or got taken Good luck with
the other one and maybe you'll find another.

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 21:42:23 -0400, "Sue Alexandre"
wrote:

[...]
.. .

Old 16-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Sue Alexandre

Thanks, Denise..... all ponds are a thing of beauty, and a labor of love!
Speaking of "petting our fish", I'm wondering if we are doing them any
physical harm by doing that, like maybe removing some of their
slimecoat?????? One of my koi just loves to swim back and forth between my
fingers and get petted on both sides at the same time, but I can't help
thinking it's not good for them. Any thoughts?
Sue

Old 16-06-2003, 04:56 AM
*muffin*

ohhhh soo cool!!!

*sniff* I need more plants!!!

Old 16-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I got an excellent idea for how to dig my next pond! Let the dogs do it,
they are always digging anyway! I bet left alone my dogs will dig their way
across to China!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 16-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Denise

Sue, I've mentioned in other posts about having wet hands before
handling fish. This was told to me by guy I buy my fish from. I don't
touch them too much, usually just have their big mouths nibbling as I
hand-feed them :-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 16-06-2003, 08:01 PM
Lee Brouillet

Wow Sue, great job! I envy your large rocks . . . big boulders always make
it look more "real". And I was gonna tell you that the turtle pond looked
like it was escape proof, until I read all the other messages G. Ah,
where's there's a will, there's a way! Great work, Girl!

Lee

Old 16-06-2003, 08:01 PM
Sue Alexandre

Thanks, Lee, nice of you to write. Actually the primary reason I wanted
the biggest rocks I could handle around the pond is because people (and
pets, too!) just can't seem to resist STANDING on the rock edges. I don't
think I would ever walk up to someone's pond and stand on a rock, I'd bend
over and look, but almost everyone who comes to see the pond automatically
steps up. I KNEW I would have that problem with kids in the neighborhood,
thus, the large rocks SOLIDLY placed, but I never dreamed they would have to
support the 280 lb. next door neighbor, who, no matter how many times I say
"Harvey, those rocks weren't really put there to support you, they're for
decoration" he can't seem to resist. Or maybe this is MY fault. Maybe if I
hadn't placed big ones there they wouldn't be tempted. Hmmmmm.......
Sue

Old 17-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Sue Alexandre

LOL Thanks, Cyber, but unfortunately, this big guy is also the LOUDEST guy
in the neighborhood. He's all heart, dumb as a rock, nothing but sweetness
and caring, not a malicious bone in his body, and he would bellow back, even
louder "I'm so sorry - I forgot! I never meant to make you mad - please,
please, pleeeeeeease, don't be mad at me!" and the neighbors would think I
was the biggest b*tch that ever walked the planet. Besides, I can't shout
what you suggested.... I can't figure out what the last "endearing" name is
in your quote. LOL Of course, I can come up with a few good guesses.
Who knows - next time I'm feeling "hormonal" and I see him threatening the
stability of my rocks, something similar may just spew from my mouth - I'll
let you know if it works.
Sue

"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote in message
news:20030616132333.002ea623.cyber_wizard@mindspri ng.com...
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:02:13 -0400
"Sue Alexandre" wrote:

thus, the large rocks SOLIDLY placed, but I never dreamed they would
have to support the 280 lb. next door neighbor, who, no matter how
many times I say"Harvey, those rocks weren't really put there to
support you, they're for decoration" he can't seem to resist. Or
maybe this is MY fault. Maybe if I hadn't placed big ones there they
wouldn't be tempted. Hmmmmm....... Sue

In the loudest voice of which you are capable, scream, "Get off my
G*dd*mned rocks and /stay/ off, *ssh*le!"
Worked for me very well.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.

Old 17-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Sue Alexandre wrote:
LOL Thanks, Cyber, but unfortunately, this big guy is also the LOUDEST guy
in the neighborhood. He's all heart, dumb as a rock, nothing but sweetness
and caring, not a malicious bone in his body, and he would bellow back, even
louder "I'm so sorry - I forgot! I never meant to make you mad - please,
please, pleeeeeeease, don't be mad at me!" and the neighbors would think I
was the biggest b*tch that ever walked the planet. Besides, I can't shout
what you suggested.... I can't figure out what the last "endearing" name is
in your quote. LOL Of course, I can come up with a few good guesses.
Who knows - next time I'm feeling "hormonal" and I see him threatening the
stability of my rocks, something similar may just spew from my mouth - I'll
let you know if it works.
Sue

Maybe you should just make a large sign saying "Stay off the
Rocks" and post it prominently.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 22-06-2003, 10:20 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

snip
"Harvey, those rocks weren't really put there to support you, they're for
decoration" he can't seem to resist. Or maybe this is MY fault. Maybe if I
hadn't placed big ones there they wouldn't be tempted. Hmmmmm.......
Sue

Ah, Sue, don't go there (blaming yourself) you did a wonderful job, looks
like the pond was nature made, can't get much better than that. Regarding
people and rocks.... maybe it's a male thing. ;o) Even with my small rock
border, it's always the guys who have to be right up there, and being all
dry stacked they'll kick one in by accident. Not sure how 6" closer can
improve the view? The ladies, otoh, sometimes have to be invited to even
walk on the grass. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Nov pond pix Sean Dinh Ponds 0 29-11-2004 05:45 PM
Nov pond pix Sean Dinh Ponds 0 29-11-2004 05:45 PM
Our pond pix Sally Thompson United Kingdom 35 02-12-2003 12:42 PM
Rose and flower pix!!! Jon Murdock Roses 2 24-02-2003 10:30 PM
Rose and flower pix!!! Jon Murdock Gardening 1 24-02-2003 05:27 AM