Old 18-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Rockypierre

Default New in NJ

Hi all,

Have just built a small system with two preformed ponds and a liner
scrap stream joining them. Lots of mud still washing in from new
rocks and all this RAIN!

Anyone else in NJ? Any good sources for plants?

Thanks,
Old 18-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Rockypierre wrote:
Hi all,

Have just built a small system with two preformed ponds and a liner
scrap stream joining them. Lots of mud still washing in from new
rocks and all this RAIN!

Anyone else in NJ? Any good sources for plants?

Thanks,

What part of Jersey?

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 18-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Hank Pagel

Brocks Farms in Colts Neck has a large selection but are a little
pricey. The bare root pre packaged plants that Home Depot sells are
grown in NJ, are cheap and have grown very quickly for me. Hope this
helps. Water World in Howell also is a little over priced unless you
can catch one of their sales. If you are in central Jersey they are
both near major highways.
om...

Old 18-06-2003, 10:20 PM
richaard

test

Old 19-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Bob Grody

Central Jersey....Atlantic Highlands.

Thanks. I knew of WaterWorld, but not about Brocks. Glad to know about Home
Depot...will give them a shot first.

.. .

Old 22-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Hank Pagel

I just got home from Lowes .... They have potted aquatic plants at
very reasonable prices. ( from $5 to $20) It did look as though they
were in need of someone to care for them but most were in good shape
for the price. Just starting out this could be the way to get started
$$$$$$$$$

Old 22-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Bob Grody

Yup...was there myself (RT35 in Holmdel). For $30 I got:
-a decent looking Nymphea $10
-two Rumex Bloody Dock ($5 each)
-Marsh Marigold ($5)
-Ranculus Swam Buttercup($5)

Home Depot in Hazlett does NOT carry plants, but I'm told that Old Bridge
does.

.. .