Old 23-06-2003, 10:44 PM
joe

Default I give up

MLF wrote:

She's 52, I'm 51, and our youngest child is 26. I am very much happy and
relieved to say that I will never need to utter those immortal words ever
again.

Same here. I love my kid, but once is enough.

Joe

Old 24-06-2003, 01:32 AM
K30a

Here's another explanation ~~~

PORG - A term used on rec.ponds from time to time. If you are a Star Trek fan,
the Next Generation specifically, you might remember the evil Borg. Half living
creatures, half robots, flying around the universe assimilating new species
into their collective. Their favorite line, delivered in cold robotic voices,
is 'resistance is futile, you will be assimilated".
We rec.ponders feel the same way about ponding. Watch out you are about to be
assimilated into the Porg collective! We will be here to help with the details.
Remember resistance is futile....

k30a
Old 24-06-2003, 03:20 AM
John Rutz

Anne Lurie wrote:
Well, I read "DH" as Dutiful Husband, but I'm at a loss about PORG (or
PORGer?):

The best one I could come up with (at least in a family-oriented medium, as
they say) is Pond Owners' Recreation Group, but that seems so tame.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

well that is actualy one of the definitions we use ever watch star
treck?/ the Borg we will asimilate you
well for us its Porg and we will asimilate yhou

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 24-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Denise

My favorite is LMAO (laugh my ass off)

I use that quite often because I do LMAO reading many posts :-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 24-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

PORGS Half human half fish! Constantly luring full humans to the pond!
Under the spell of his Koiness the master zen Koi in Japan.

Mark my words, one day the world will be ruled by fish!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 24-06-2003, 04:44 PM

can be real porg until fall into pond when water is around 45oF. Ingrid

"Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

PORGS Half human half fish! Constantly luring full humans to the pond!
Under the spell of his Koiness the master zen Koi in Japan.

Mark my words, one day the world will be ruled by fish!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 24-06-2003, 04:44 PM

all of the below depending on context. usually dear husband. Ingrid

"Anne Lurie" wrote:
DH..............
dumb husband?
dear husband?
dead husband?
ditzy husband?
deaf husband?
dumb husband?
darling husband?
difficult husband?
I am pretty sure that the H is for husband........but the D is anyones

guess
lol
Cathy

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 25-06-2003, 02:56 AM
~ Windsong ~

In the last chapter: Denise picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
:: My favorite is LMAO (laugh my ass off)
::
:: I use that quite often because I do LMAO reading many posts :-)
==========================
If you LYAO here you should try the humor NGs ......
--
*.·´¨¨))
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))*

Old 25-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

My point exactly. You did not fall in by accident! The Koi had a magnetic
wave that pulled you in so that they (Koi) can implant a radio cell in you!

No! I'm not drunk yet, and I'm not taking any strong medication! And I'm
not related to Oliver Stone or Hillary Clinton thank you!

--
_______________________________________

"Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

PORGS Half human half fish! Constantly luring full humans to the pond!
Under the spell of his Koiness the master zen Koi in Japan.

Mark my words, one day the world will be ruled by fish!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 25-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I usually answer to one of each at least once a week!

--
_______________________________________

"Anne Lurie" wrote:
DH..............
dumb husband?
dear husband?
dead husband?
ditzy husband?
deaf husband?
dumb husband?
darling husband?
difficult husband?
I am pretty sure that the H is for husband........but the D is anyones

guess
lol
Cathy

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 25-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

"Anne Lurie" wrote:

DH..............
dumb husband?
dear husband?
dead husband?
ditzy husband?
deaf husband?
dumb husband?
darling husband?
difficult husband?
I am pretty sure that the H is for husband........but the D is anyones

guess

lol
Cathy

I don't think I ever referred to my DH as ditzy!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 26-06-2003, 06:41 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Well, I read "DH" as Dutiful Husband, but I'm at a loss about PORG (or
PORGer?):

The best one I could come up with (at least in a family-oriented medium, as
they say) is Pond Owners' Recreation Group, but that seems so tame.

Anne Lurie

Without all the explanation that K30 puts into it:

The Borg said:
"We are _Borg_ resistant is futile, you will be assimilated."
The Porg say:
"We are Porg, resistant IS futile, you will be pond-elated."

P - Pond, O - Oriented, R - Recreational, G - Group

You were pretty darn close. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~