Old 23-06-2003, 10:56 PM
jammer

Default I was surprised to see it!

Out of the pond comes this strong yellow flower. Water lily. I never
actually thought i would have flowers!
Old 24-06-2003, 02:30 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

jammer wrote:
Out of the pond comes this strong yellow flower. Water lily. I never
actually thought i would have flowers!

Congratulations!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 24-06-2003, 03:08 AM
jammer

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:18:43 GMT, Bonnie Espenshade
wrote:

jammer wrote:
Out of the pond comes this strong yellow flower. Water lily. I never
actually thought i would have flowers!

Congratulations!

Haha,,,,thanks. I dont suppose it is going to like the shade i am
going to rig up, but that's life!

Old 24-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Chester Deja

Our first lilly flower in our brand new pond should be fully open by
the time I get home today!!!! (Thank you Walmart for the $2 pond
lilly plants that are growing like mad!)

Old 24-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Chester Deja wrote:
Our first lilly flower in our brand new pond should be fully open by
the time I get home today!!!! (Thank you Walmart for the $2 pond
lilly plants that are growing like mad!)

Or it may have opened and closed by the time you get home.
Many
lilies are only open for a few hours a day. If you work regular
hours 8-5 you may never see them bloom during the week -
only on weekends :-(

Old 25-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Chester Deja

You are SOOOO right. It was 80% open when we got home and then while
working on the pond my wife asked me if they closed up because the
flower was shutting. I did not know if it did so it taught me a
lesson last night. Hope it lasts a while - don't know how long the
flowers last. We have more comming up too - should be white, red and
yellow. Too cool. Time to take pictures.

Rick

Old 27-06-2003, 04:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"jammer" wrote in message
Out of the pond comes this strong yellow flower. Water lily. I never
actually thought i would have flowers!

I got my first bloom this week as well. Each night it closes and reopens. I
have two more on the way. How exciting.

BV.

Old 27-06-2003, 09:44 PM
jammer

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:32:33 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .
Out of the pond comes this strong yellow flower. Water lily. I never
actually thought i would have flowers!

I got my first bloom this week as well. Each night it closes and reopens. I
have two more on the way. How exciting.

BV.

Another flower appeared today. I saw the 1 st open this morning, but
they don't seem to stay open very long. Do the blooms last a long
time?

Old 03-07-2003, 07:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:38:52 -0500, jammer wrote:

Another flower appeared today. I saw the 1 st open this morning, but
they don't seem to stay open very long. Do the blooms last a long
time?

Most 3 days, some 4. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 03-07-2003, 10:38 PM
jammer

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:40:56 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:38:52 -0500, jammer wrote:

Another flower appeared today. I saw the 1 st open this morning, but
they don't seem to stay open very long. Do the blooms last a long
time?

Most 3 days, some 4. ~ jan

So, i just cut them off now? Surely i dont let them rot in the
pond....?

Old 04-07-2003, 08:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Another flower appeared today. I saw the 1 st open this morning, but
they don't seem to stay open very long. Do the blooms last a long
time?

Most 3 days, some 4. ~ jan

So, i just cut them off now? Surely i dont let them rot in the
pond....?

Once they Titantic, slip under the surface, snip them off as close to the
crown as you can. ~ jan