Old 02-07-2003, 01:44 AM
John Rutz

Default OT stopping telemarketers :)

Anne Lurie wrote:
John,

Consider it from our point of view:

We can see, recognize, and delete junk email.

We can see, recognize, and dispose of junk mail.

We cannot, however, recognize "junk" phone calls, so we have to answer them
all. Admittedly, my thinking is tuned to the calls that we receive from
"unknown" numbers, each of whom is a potential client. Not to mention the
call that we received late one night from a total [but totally blessed]
stranger who called us after reading the phone number on the collar of our
dog, who had just been hit by a car.

Just my $.02 worth,

Anne Lurie (too doggoned stubborn to choose a "cute" screen name or email
address after all these years)
Raleigh, NC

I wasnt thinking of the business point of view and if you dont do a lot
of internet business true,
I am lucky as 90% of my spam mail gets diverted to another mailbox so I
only see it when i delete it once a week

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 02-07-2003, 02:32 AM
mad

wonderful.
mad
--
Two vultures board an airplane, each one carrying two dead raccoons.
The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only

From: John Rutz
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:09:12 -0600
Subject: OT stopping telemarketers

one news report i saw telemarketer being interviewed said they woulld
step up Email solicitation to make up the diff
so look for junk mail to go way up come Oct
thats all we need more junk mail

--

John Rutz