Old 30-06-2003, 03:32 PM
KenCo

Default OT stopping telemarketers :)

The address below is the new "Government No Call List" registeration
site.
You may have a problem registering because at the last count, The site
was
taking 4000 hits per SECOND.
This should tell telemarketers how we hate their guts.

http://www.donotcall.gov/

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.
Old 30-06-2003, 03:44 PM
K30a

Kenco wrote The site
was
taking 4000 hits per SECOND

Being an insomniac I waited until 2 a.m. to register
and it went through right away ;-)

k30a
Old 30-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

KenCo wrote:

The address below is the new "Government No Call List" registeration
site.
You may have a problem registering because at the last count, The site
was
taking 4000 hits per SECOND.
This should tell telemarketers how we hate their guts.

http://www.donotcall.gov/

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

I put my name in already :-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 01-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Anne Lurie

Man, you guys are slooow.......just this once!

I registered our primary line on Friday, 6/27 at breakfast time -- then,
smart-ass hubby asked if I thought to register our *second* line for faxes &
rollover from first line?

nooooooo

My point -- look ahead! Just because I know one line is a fax number
doesn't mean that telemarketers recognize it as such!

Also, I recommend the TeleZapper that we have attached to our primary [and
business] line -- although we were prepared to disconnect it if clients
complained about the [brief] tone, very few have asked us about it; most of
those who did asked if we were taping the calls [no], and all were
supportive of our effort to free ourselves of telemarketers.

Anne Lurie

Old 01-07-2003, 12:56 AM
K30a

Drat, those TeleZappers don't work for those on
call when a computer calls you.

k30a
Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 AM
SSmyth

Please keep in mind this is only for US numbers and should be "promoted"
thus
This IS the INTERnet, not the USAnet

Thanks from the rest of the planet

Old 01-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Gary Woods

"SSmyth" wrote:

This IS the INTERnet, not the USAnet

Indeed. And my corner of the internet (USA, New York State) has had "do
not call" for a while. Works a treat.

"Walter" the koi, have been released into an earth pond 3 years ago, is now
approaching 3 feet long. Has the resident bass pretty well terrorized, as
if he cares.

Pond and other pix on my personal page, in the .sig below. Follow the
links to the pond and garden stuff.

Old 01-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Nedra

Why the very idea .... what a loony you are SSmyth!

I signed up Mom and Me yesterday or was it the day
before? Any rate I got the confirmation from the gov.

Gary, I like your pond pics ... especially the write-up.

Nedra in Missouri

Old 01-07-2003, 04:56 AM
Snooze

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...

Also, I recommend the TeleZapper that we have attached to our primary [and
business] line -- although we were prepared to disconnect it if clients
complained about the [brief] tone, very few have asked us about it; most

of
those who did asked if we were taping the calls [no], and all were
supportive of our effort to free ourselves of telemarketers.

Telezapper doesn't work as well as it used to. The telezapper simulates the
tone that the phone company produces on phone numbers that are out of
service. It worked fine for while, atleast until telemarketing companies
modified their predictive dialers to recognize the difference between a line
that is truely out of service, and one that is connected to a telezapper.

Not like any of this makes a difference if millions of our knuckleheaded
countrymen continue to respond to surveys or buy good from those that call
our house. I suspect the value of a DNCL is minimal. It is extremely easy to
relocate a call center offshore and continue to do business as usual.

Sameer

Old 01-07-2003, 06:08 AM
John Rutz

Snooze wrote:
"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

one news report i saw telemarketer being interviewed said they woulld
step up Email solicitation to make up the diff
so look for junk mail to go way up come Oct
thats all we need more junk mail

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 01-07-2003, 06:56 AM

then we need a button we can hit that sends out an energy surge that blows the
computer up on the other end. Ingrid

"Snooze" wrote:
Telezapper doesn't work as well as it used to. The telezapper simulates the
tone that the phone company produces on phone numbers that are out of
service. It worked fine for while, atleast until telemarketing companies
modified their predictive dialers to recognize the difference between a line
that is truely out of service, and one that is connected to a telezapper.

Not like any of this makes a difference if millions of our knuckleheaded
countrymen continue to respond to surveys or buy good from those that call
our house. I suspect the value of a DNCL is minimal. It is extremely easy to
relocate a call center offshore and continue to do business as usual.

Sameer

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 01-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

I'd use that for the snake that bit me on eBay!
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"Ever look at Congress and feel like the little kid in 'Sixth Sense?' I see
dead people. I see dead people everywhere." - Robin Williams

"Snooze" wrote:
Telezapper doesn't work as well as it used to. The telezapper simulates

the
tone that the phone company produces on phone numbers that are out of
service. It worked fine for while, atleast until telemarketing companies
modified their predictive dialers to recognize the difference between a

line
that is truely out of service, and one that is connected to a telezapper.

Not like any of this makes a difference if millions of our knuckleheaded
countrymen continue to respond to surveys or buy good from those that

call
our house. I suspect the value of a DNCL is minimal. It is extremely easy

relocate a call center offshore and continue to do business as usual.

Sameer

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 02-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Anne Lurie

John,

Consider it from our point of view:

We can see, recognize, and delete junk email.

We can see, recognize, and dispose of junk mail.

We cannot, however, recognize "junk" phone calls, so we have to answer them
all. Admittedly, my thinking is tuned to the calls that we receive from
"unknown" numbers, each of whom is a potential client. Not to mention the
call that we received late one night from a total [but totally blessed]
stranger who called us after reading the phone number on the collar of our
dog, who had just been hit by a car.

Just my $.02 worth,

Anne Lurie (too doggoned stubborn to choose a "cute" screen name or email
address after all these years)
Raleigh, NC

"John Rutz" wrote in message

Snooze wrote: