Old 03-07-2003, 02:56 PM
John Rutz

Default Coon hunting invitation

Just Me \"Koi\" wrote:
BV what is the term for spitting and snorting all over my monitor, keyboard,
table, papers, etc from laughing so hard again?

Thanks for the laugh K30a!

--beokam or slomlap

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 03-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Can we say "Road Runner and Coyote style"

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"JSin" wrote in message
bobkiely wrote:

If any of you guys want to do any coon hunting, come-on over tomorrow
night - no license required! Don't bring your dogs though - too noisy.

*LOL*

12:20 AM Just looked again - still clear
1:30 AM - yawn - still OK
2:35 AM - getting sleepy - I don't think he's been back
4:40 AM - DAMN - I fell asleep and he came back and ate all the fish
5:30 AM - just kidding (about the 4:40 report)
BK

Have you ever tried a racoon box?? Just like monkeys once they get ahold
of something they will not let go. sooo you use that behavior to
relocate them.

snip

I have always preferred the box balanced on a stick trap. You tie a piece

of
string to the stick and put a pile of bird seed under the box...when the
raccoon grabs the seed you pull the string, and the stick is supposed to
fall and drop the box. Doesn't always work, and I have gotten myself

caught
in the box a few times to be honest, but I still like the design.

W.E. Coyote

Old 03-07-2003, 09:20 PM
bobkiely

BV...That was the funniest, milk coming out of the nose, best laugh I've had
in a while....good one!
BK
"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 04-07-2003, 07:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

12:20 AM Just looked again - still clear
1:30 AM - yawn - still OK
2:35 AM - getting sleepy - I don't think he's been back
4:40 AM - DAMN - I fell asleep and he came back and ate all the fish
5:30 AM - just kidding (about the 4:40 report)
BK

BK, that had me ROF&LOL!!! Great story, great writing ability!

Ingrid wrote her deer story, ending with: Deer think
they own it all and been munching everything to the ground.

Scarecrow sprinklers work on both raccoons and deer. But I can sure
understand needing a BB or pellet gun with either.

We like to vacation at a place called Wallowa Lake in SE Oregon. I was
amazed when wild deer would come up and eat out of your hands. Then came
the year when the deer got so aggressive they were killing dogs and
striking at people. I found out it just wasn't worth offering them
anything, one strike with those sharp hooves and it would be stitches for
sure. Bambi isn't as defenseless as we're lead to believe.

Those sprinklers though do work well, my sister had 3 on at all times.
Unfortunately deer are persistent, minute a battery wore out, here they'd
come a munchin'.

Now she's moving to Elk & Cougar country. I told her to keep the sprinklers
loaded, but at least the elk won't be eating her flowers, and she'll have
little yard for grass after the ponds go in. The cougars will hopefully
not like to get unexpectedly sprayed with water, like most cats. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Snooze

JMK, you missed the hint.
Wile E. Coyote IS the coyote from roadrunner cartoon.

Old 04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Snooze

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
12:20 AM Just looked again - still clear
1:30 AM - yawn - still OK
2:35 AM - getting sleepy - I don't think he's been back
4:40 AM - DAMN - I fell asleep and he came back and ate all the fish
5:30 AM - just kidding (about the 4:40 report)
BK

BK, that had me ROF&LOL!!! Great story, great writing ability!

Ingrid wrote her deer story, ending with: Deer think
they own it all and been munching everything to the ground.

Scarecrow sprinklers work on both raccoons and deer. But I can sure
understand needing a BB or pellet gun with either.

I can't see a scarecrow sprinkler working for long on a 'coon, they are
extremely smart creatures.

If you put the pellets in the gun backwards, they act as a poor man's hollow
point. Having said that, a bb gun isn't going to kill a coon, and unless
it's dead, it's coming back for dinner.

Best to call animal control, and have it trapped.

Sameer

Old 04-07-2003, 03:44 PM
John Rutz

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
[...]

Cougars normaly stay away from people the only time I have heard of a
cougar comming into residential areas was during a time of no food, and
everything was comming out of the mountains twas an interesting summer.
if I rmember right they relocated 20 some odd black bears and the one
cougar, nobody complained about the deer and elk

Old 06-07-2003, 01:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:40:58 GMT, "Snooze" wrote:

Scarecrow sprinklers work on both raccoons and deer. ~ jan

I can't see a scarecrow sprinkler working for long on a 'coon, they are
extremely smart creatures.
Sameer

Well I had a raccoon hit my pond and never come back after I installed the
sprinkler.

There have been reports of raccoons smart enough to knock them over, so
obviously they don't like the fear factor of its surprise activation plus
getting wet. Thus if it's connected securely where the raccoon can't
inactivate it, one is probably pretty safe with purchasing one for 'coon
control. )

Ideally I do believe deterrants work best when in place before the problem
arrives, so they get hit right off the bat, no food rewards. ~ jan

Old 07-07-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"bobkiely" wrote in message
BV...That was the funniest, milk coming out of the nose, best laugh I've

had
in a while....good one!

snip

A real SOMLOL eh?