Old 03-07-2003, 08:08 AM

Default ossprey got one of my koi

One morning at the Pond Lady's place I sat and watched while a red tailed hawk WALKED
into her stand of evergreens after some birds. When we had pigeons in a cage the
hawks would be standing on it, crawling all over the cage trying to find a way in.
surprised they didnt unhook the latches.
I know people think that herons wont walk over a fence around a pond, but they will
land right in the pond and float and fish. And dont forget kingfishers and other
birds that can dive in and take goldfish. when they are hungry predators do things
and take risks they dont normally do. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
I netted my pond to keep the bloody crane out, then I nearly killed my

fish
with the net.

Somehow one of my fish squeezed through the hole around the plants and
landed on top of the net! Got stuck there. Her fin is all frayed now and
her back is badly sun burnt! What a mess! Thanks to the crane, heron,

red
tail hawk, osprey and all the other darn birds that are hell bent on

feeding
on our fish!

Suddenly my orange water is not looking so bad anymore.

BV.

Old 04-07-2003, 12:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

In the last chapter: Just Me "Koi" picked up the keyboard and pecked
out:
:: I netted my pond to keep the bloody crane out, then I nearly
:: killed my fish with the net.
=============
You need to suspend the net above the water. Mine is on a cheap metal
"garden fence" from Wal-Mart. I have mine about 18" above the water. No
fish has been snagged yet.
--

Old 10-07-2003, 05:08 AM
LisaCS1

We were the victim of several Heron attacks this spring and then put up a
scarecrow near where we feed them. We lost four fish within a two week period,
but haven't had any more visitors since the scarecrow went up. Must be doing
his job.