Old 07-07-2003, 03:09 AM
Dan Harrington

Default Our new Koi pond

We are just starting out. The pump has been running about a month now.
There are a number of plants - Water Iris, Water Hyacinth, Water Lettuce, and
Creeping Primrose in the pond. There are also 9 Koi and 2 Shubunkin.
We live in Willamette Valley of Oregon.
Here is a start of our ponds web page.

http://home.comcast.net/~mldwha/Pond.htm

Hopefully we will be adding more to this page as we add and rework the pond
and flower beds.

Old 07-07-2003, 03:58 AM
jammer

How many gallons is it? Looks too small for that many koi. Other than
that it looks good. I want to hear water falling in my backyard some
day...

Old 07-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Actually that's a pretty darn decent size pond! With 7.8 yds surface area,
that powerful pump, 1,313 gallons (not including the water in the falls or
filters), I think he will be fine if he does not add a lot more!

Great job Mary and Dan! It's amazing seeing the sequence of development,
and how great the transformation from grass and pavers to this wonderful
accent element! Mary looks very comfortable in her chair by the pond! Only
thing missing is a tall glass of ice cold lemonade and a novel or magazine!

Hope I am lucky enough to have a son-in-law like your Brian!

What is that white thing that looked like a half drum? Is it a temporary
pump house? Would a black intake pipe turned down with a 45 degree bend
right after the pump look less conspicuous?

Enjoy your pond. Say my compliments to Brian, looks like he is a good catch
for your daughter!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 07-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Dan Harrington wrote:
We are just starting out. The pump has been running about a month now.
There are a number of plants - Water Iris, Water Hyacinth, Water Lettuce, and
Creeping Primrose in the pond. There are also 9 Koi and 2 Shubunkin.
We live in Willamette Valley of Oregon.
Here is a start of our ponds web page.

http://home.comcast.net/~mldwha/Pond.htm

Hopefully we will be adding more to this page as we add and rework the pond
and flower beds.

Hi Dan,
Nice job on the waterfall. What is the white
barrel?

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 08-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Mary & Dan Harrington

The half white barrel is covering the pump.
Hopefully we will have a better cover soon.
The pond holds about 1500 gallons.
The pump moves the ponds water volume over the three falls every 1/2 hour.
Thanks for all the nice comments.
We still have alot of work to do.