Old 09-07-2003, 01:35 AM
joe

Default Turtles abhor a vacuum

So I built the pond vacuum (thanks rich.) It looks like this, well, riches
looks like this, mine is similar:

http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondpage4.html

Man, does that puppy suck algae! I heard several of you mention using a
wet/dry shop vac and though about that, but when I saw this jerry / jimmy /
janice - rigged deal it was all over.

So today I'm out there vacuuming away, when from out of no where my turtle
Colombo takes what looks like a jab (with his pointy little head) at the end
of the vacuum then paddles off, content that he has defended his castle.

I've had dogs do that, used to drive me crazy trying to vacuum the house
with this constant barking and nipping the whole time, but never a turtle.

I'm sure he's out there crowing to the goldfish as I type this.

Gotta love the pond.

Joe

Old 09-07-2003, 03:14 AM
K30a

joe wrote Colombo takes what looks like a jab (with his pointy little head)
at the end
of the vacuum then paddles off, content that he has defended his castle.

A watch turtle!

k30a