Old 11-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default The pond....

Here's the making of my rec pond with updated pictures....

http://www.tiversa.com/pond/

Sam

Old 11-07-2003, 06:58 PM
K30a

Sam, what a wonderful project!
Thanks for the pictures. :-)

k30a
Old 11-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Bob Adkins

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:45:29 -0400, "Sam Hopkins"
wrote:

Here's the making of my rec pond with updated pictures....

http://www.tiversa.com/pond/

Nice. Very nice!

I moved tons of dirt in my future pond this morning, then it started
raining.

Bob
Old 11-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Sam Hopkins

ProjectS would probably be a better phrase to describe it. =)

Old 11-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Nedra

You all must have faster PC's than mine
It was taking forever to download so cancelled .....

Nedra

Old 12-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Our neighborhood has a 10 acre 'pond'. Our DFW agent recommended spacing
out the introduction of the various fish to make sure most of the bait got
bigger, faster than the predator fish. Did your agent have any remarks in
that area?

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
.. .

Old 12-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Bob Adkins

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:43:20 -0500, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
wrote:

Our neighborhood has a 10 acre 'pond'. Our DFW agent recommended spacing
out the introduction of the various fish to make sure most of the bait got
bigger, faster than the predator fish. Did your agent have any remarks in
that area?

Conventional wisdom says to dig a pond, and stock it with bluegill and
minnows in October of the same year. Stock it with bass the following
spring.

Bob
Old 13-07-2003, 02:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I love it. Obviously putting more $$ into the pond than the home. ;o) Or is
a real house coming down the road? ~ jan

wrote:

Our neighborhood has a 10 acre 'pond'. Our DFW agent recommended spacing
out the introduction of the various fish to make sure most of the bait got
bigger, faster than the predator fish. Did your agent have any remarks in
that area?

Conventional wisdom says to dig a pond, and stock it with bluegill and
minnows in October of the same year. Stock it with bass the following
spring.

Bob

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 14-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Sam Hopkins

They said to introduce fatheads and shiners before the bass (one month) so
that they could get a head start in breeding. I added all at once bcause my
bass were not big enough to eat the fatheads and shiners.

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message .. .

Old 14-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Sam Hopkins

Yeah real house is coming as we develop the estate. We had to build the pond
first to get the view orientation correct for the house. The house is coming
in about 2-3 years. We had to put the TT there so that we could insure the
land for liability (you cant insure just plain land).

Sam