Old 17-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Walking bridge

I got a paddleboat! They suck because my helpers spend they whole day
paddling around the pond while I do all the work. =)

"John Hines" wrote in message
(Sue Walsh) wrote:

Hi Sam,
If you would be so kind as to include either a very small guest house
on the property or even just a tiny spare room in the main house, I
would love to rent it from you!!! What a great place you're creating
there.

Add Paddleboat built for two.

Heck even a trailer hook up would be cool.

Old 18-07-2003, 03:52 PM
REBEL JOE

WOW!!! Your pond looks more like a lake, nice pond

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 18-07-2003, 11:39 PM
Gregory Young

Hi Sam:
First question is how fast does it (your walking bridge) go? Sorry.. very
bad pun I know, but I just couldn't resist it!
Second.. you did a great job with your mini-lake! I like the way you
integrated wetlands, etc.
4.5 acre pond.. way to go! In our region anything greater than 1/2 acre has
to go through yards of DEC tape, so most of us stick with 1/2 acre. I went
with 2 nearby, but not connected 1/2 acre ponds to avoid DEC issues.
Also have the woo houses, but mounted mine on 1.5 inch pipe, cemented in the
ground, to avoid predator issues.
Do you have any families residing in your houses yet?
Could you also clarify your man made reef a bit?
Thanks,
Greg

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
I built a walking bridge for my pond yesteday:

http://www.tiversa.com/bridge

Old 19-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Sam Hopkins

Yep all mine. I've been slowly developing it. I built the big pond/small
lake this past winter/spring. It's been a learning experience to say the
least.

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
Wow!! Not only on the bridge but the Lake in the Background!
Is that all yours???
The bridge is looks great. Looks like it is really needed.

Nedra

Old 21-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Sam Hopkins

Building ponds in PA is pretty lax so I was lucky. They have about 5
requirements but if you go over then you need to get invloved with the
government and man is it involved.

A lot of pond owners put in artifical "Fish attracters" or reefs. Most are
made of wood, tires. or christmas trees. I had a lot of old scrap (washing
machines, fridges, etc) left by the old owners. I towed it all out to a spot
in the pond and arranged it in in a half moon shape. It's sitting under 8-10
feet of water so it's safe for boaters and swimmers.

Something in the pond spawned. Probably the shiners or fathead minows.
Whatever they are there are thousands of them swimming in schools along the
shore. I dont think the bass are big enough yet to eat them. The catfish
might if they can catch them. I'll be catching some in a few days to let
them grow in a tank so that I can ID them.

Sam

"Gregory Young" wrote in message
[...]

The Bridge to NoWhere (Bridge over the creek) BillyBoy Ponds (alternative) 0 01-02-2004 07:36 AM
Walking bridge Sam Hopkins Ponds 0 16-07-2003 06:12 PM
decorative Bridge question Larry D. Gibbs Ponds 4 08-07-2003 06:11 PM
Bridge Serenity United Kingdom 15 13-06-2003 06:44 PM
How do I construct a land bridge? Ted Ponds 0 17-03-2003 07:08 PM