Old 16-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Walking bridge

I built a walking bridge for my pond yesteday:

http://www.tiversa.com/bridge

Old 16-07-2003, 06:47 PM
Nedra

Wow!! Not only on the bridge but the Lake in the Background!
Is that all yours???
The bridge is looks great. Looks like it is really needed.

Nedra

Old 16-07-2003, 08:04 PM
Lee Brouillet

Your very first??? Congrats! I have mixed feelings about handrails: on one
hand, it's a lot safer. On the other hand, it sure does hinder sitting on
the side and dangling toes in the water! Your project is coming along
nicely. At the cost of things these days, you must have won the lottery!

Lee

Old 17-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Nedra

I'm (almost) speechless ... how big is the lake?
What are the dimensions of the lake?
How much water do you have to deal with?

I don't recall you ever posting this!

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
Yep all mine. I've been slowly developing it. I built the big pond/small
lake this past winter/spring. It's been a learning experience to say the
least.

link.net...

Old 17-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Sam Hopkins

The area is 6 acres or so. It includes a pond which has 4.5 acre of surface
water, a wooded wetland, a submerged wetland, a marsh, and adjoining
woodlands. The pond contains open areas, a crayfish area, a turtle area, and
a man made reef system. There are bird houses on the trees, protected
woodduck boxes on trees left in the water, and bat houses in some of the
trees that get a lot of sunlight. I have mineral blocks set out for the
larger wildlife like deer. The 6 acre area is beaming with wildlife. You can
not believe how much wildlife benefits and how much wildlife comes in when
you have a big pond with different wildlife areas specifically for them.

The entire entire area is 38 acres of which contains high grass pasture, low
grass pasture, the pond/wetland area, woodlands, brush piles, large bushes,
downed trees, and tree lines. Wildlife is sustained from what the pond
produces, droves of cherry trees and rose bushes, acorns, raspberries, and
other food items.

I love wildlife so I've been developing the area to be a wildlife reserve
and to house my future home. This is why there's so many different habitats.

Sam

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I'm (almost) speechless ... how big is the lake?
What are the dimensions of the lake?
How much water do you have to deal with?

I don't recall you ever posting this!

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
Yep all mine. I've been slowly developing it. I built the big pond/small
lake this past winter/spring. It's been a learning experience to say the
least.

link.net...

Old 17-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Nedra

God Bless You, Sam... !!! We need more people like you.

[...]

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I'm (almost) speechless ... how big is the lake?
What are the dimensions of the lake?
How much water do you have to deal with?

I don't recall you ever posting this!

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
Yep all mine. I've been slowly developing it. I built the big

pond/small
lake this past winter/spring. It's been a learning experience to say

the
least.

link.net...

Old 17-07-2003, 12:57 AM
K30a

Sam wrote The entire entire area is 38 acres

That's it.
I'm moving in ;-)

k30a
Old 17-07-2003, 01:08 AM
Nedra

[...]

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I'm (almost) speechless ... how big is the lake?
What are the dimensions of the lake?
How much water do you have to deal with?

I don't recall you ever posting this!

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
Yep all mine. I've been slowly developing it. I built the big

pond/small
lake this past winter/spring. It's been a learning experience to say

the
least.

link.net...

Old 17-07-2003, 01:27 AM
Sam Hopkins

[...]

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I'm (almost) speechless ... how big is the lake?
What are the dimensions of the lake?
How much water do you have to deal with?

I don't recall you ever posting this!

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
Yep all mine. I've been slowly developing it. I built the big pond/small
lake this past winter/spring. It's been a learning experience to say the
least.

link.net...

Old 17-07-2003, 01:29 AM
Nedra

[...]

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I'm (almost) speechless ... how big is the lake?
What are the dimensions of the lake?
How much water do you have to deal with?

I don't recall you ever posting this!

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
Yep all mine. I've been slowly developing it. I built the big

pond/small
lake this past winter/spring. It's been a learning experience to say

the
least.

link.net...

Old 17-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Sue Walsh

Hi Sam,
If you would be so kind as to include either a very small guest house
on the property or even just a tiny spare room in the main house, I
would love to rent it from you!!! What a great place you're creating
there.

Sue W

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message . ..
I love wildlife so I've been developing the area to be a wildlife reserve
and to house my future home. This is why there's so many different habitats.

Sam

The Bridge to NoWhere (Bridge over the creek) BillyBoy Ponds (alternative) 0 01-02-2004 07:36 AM
Walking bridge Sam Hopkins Ponds 0 16-07-2003 06:12 PM
decorative Bridge question Larry D. Gibbs Ponds 4 08-07-2003 06:11 PM
Bridge Serenity United Kingdom 15 13-06-2003 06:44 PM
How do I construct a land bridge? Ted Ponds 0 17-03-2003 07:08 PM