Old 18-07-2003, 11:27 PM
DonKcR

Default my small pond is out of control

Hi, Well I've never been on a chat line in my life. My son is the computer
guy so he said here is a couple of chat lines go for it.
My pond is new about 2 months old, aprox. 800 gallons with 10 wonderful
Koi's. The fish are from 2'' to all of 6''. My pond has went through the
green stage with the water testing great for fish, I just couldn't see

them.
But now we are in the high nitrite stage. I feel helpless but I keep in
touch with the man that made my filter system and he said this is normal.

guess it takes time and lots of water changes and salt if you know what I
mean. I love watching my fish they all have names and I would hate to lose

single one. So I'm proubly the biggest pain in the rear that Quan and his
wife Lisa have ever met that's my pond experts. I was so new at the pond
making that I didn't know how much knowledge it takes to raise a small
family of Koi. But let me tell you I've learned so much from this

adventure.
I might not of taken this big of a project on if I had any idea of the
endeavor. But when I watch them swimming and listen to the water falls it

is
all worth it. Write to me and tell me your stories. Kc