Old 25-07-2003, 11:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Momo Botan Lotus

Originally I wanted a Momo Botan, ordered a tuber, killed it. So I went to
the nursery towards the end of season last year and got what claimed to be
a Double Rose lotus. Now that it is blooming profusely it looks like a Momo
Botan. The interesting thing regarding the flowers, there is no seed pod?
Anyone familiar with either of these two varieties? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 26-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Nedra

Hmmm , I have no idea why there is no seed head on either
the Momo Botan or Double Rose lotus. I've had both and had
seed heads. I have no answer.
Nurseries do get lotuses mixed up. What I
thought was a Momo Botan was actually a Mrs Perry D. Slocum!
Imagine my surprise when I sat up all night long waiting for the
Momo Botan to bloom and out came the MPDS! grin
That was my first year with lotus and first year of a Developing Love
Affair.

Nedra

news

Old 26-07-2003, 09:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:35:58 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Hmmm , I have no idea why there is no seed head on either
the Momo Botan or Double Rose lotus. I've had both and had
seed heads. I have no answer.
Nurseries do get lotuses mixed up. What I
thought was a Momo Botan was actually a Mrs Perry D. Slocum!
Imagine my surprise when I sat up all night long waiting for the
Momo Botan to bloom and out came the MPDS! grin
That was my first year with lotus and first year of a Developing Love
Affair.

After looking at some images on Google, I'm not sure this is even Momo
Botan. Oh well.... but I hate not have a "named" item, when I paid the
price for a "name". s ~ jan

Old 26-07-2003, 09:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

[...]

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM
lotus question ande Ponds 9 23-04-2003 01:08 PM
Growth of Tiger Lotus kush Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 20-04-2003 06:24 AM
tiger lotus rhizome/runners/???? Daniel Whiting Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 26-02-2003 10:13 PM