Old 01-08-2003, 06:02 PM
BenignVanilla

Default dragonflies.

"Snooze" wrote in message
thlink.net...
"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
"Snooze" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
I keep my mouth shut when I am near my Dragon flies.

Some of us wish you were around dragon flies all the time

Ouch.

BV.

I didn't say I wished that. Plus you have to admit, you walked into that
one.

You, my friend, are dangerous close to a red rosie minnow voodoo curse.

BV.

Old 05-08-2003, 06:42 AM
*muffin*

I do not know how I could have forgot.......
my 9th grade 'insect' report was ON dragonflies...
I guess that horrible experience of talking in front of that
class,,,,,,,,,about dragon flies & their 'mating habits' etc,, just made me
black that outta my brain.....

muffin who was surprised at the end of the year that 'I' had the highest
score (points etc) for the whole dang 9th grade.........but my hubby who
was also in that class still razzes me about what is the only thing that
expands when heated & freezes..........(ok may not be the only
thing.........)which I argued about.

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
.com...
I had trouble believing that larvae of any sort could live more than a few
weeks, so I did a brief google (I mean, I love you guys and all that, but

could be playing WordRacer, after all!).

Here's a website that might shed some light (or at least, "Lights!

Camera!
Action!") on dragonfly mating habits:
http://www2.kenyon.edu/bfec/dragonfly/lifecycle.htm
(think "Kama Sutra" for dragonflies -- or, "Ginger Rogers did everything
Fred Astaire did -- backwards & wearing high heels? Hah! We're going

switch from the 'tandem position' to the 'wheel position' while we are
flying!")

I must confess to muffin that my two remaining fish are 4-year-old

Petsmart
goldfish who probably deserve to go to VT for a commitment ceremony!

(Note:
I used to live in VT, a state full of people who have *way* more serious
things to worry about than standing in the way of people who just want a

bit
of acknowledgement for their commitment to being responsible citizens with
family values.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"*muffin*" wrote in message
I notice there are several posts on here that people WANT to attract

dragon
flies...... from what I have read,, dragonflies are NOT GOOD. the nymphs

can
live over a year & eat fish!

what am I missing???

muffin who found a dead fish..(probably unearthed by the recent

storm)..
one that was missing for a while,,, it looked like part of it was

chewed
up..... now"I" am freakin' ...(it's always sumpthin')