Old 21-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Axolotl

Default Dragonflies - how to attach them

I've just finished setting it up, at least I think I have. It's about 18ft
x 16ft approx triangle and about 34 inches deep.

I am thinking about Koi, but for the moment I will stick to goldfish until
I have more experience with pond management.

Does anybody know how to attract dragonflies to my pond? Could I buy
dragonfly eggs or nymphs?

TIA
ANO
Old 21-07-2003, 03:02 AM
RichToyBox

ANO,

You build and they will come.
--
RichToyBox

. 130...

Old 21-07-2003, 05:12 AM
joe

Axolotl wrote:

Does anybody know how to attract dragonflies to my pond? Could I buy
dragonfly eggs or nymphs?

I don't know of a source, but not to worry - if you build it, they will
come.

Joe

Old 21-07-2003, 05:29 AM
john rutz

Axolotl wrote:
I've just finished setting it up, at least I think I have. It's about 18ft
x 16ft approx triangle and about 34 inches deep.

I am thinking about Koi, but for the moment I will stick to goldfish until
I have more experience with pond management.

Does anybody know how to attract dragonflies to my pond? Could I buy
dragonfly eggs or nymphs?

TIA
ANO

I think I had mine up about a month when the first dragonfyl showd up,
how it found me is a mystery as there is no other ponds around me for 35
miles, 3 yrs later I have about 6-8 diferent paterned dragonflys
around all summer
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 21-07-2003, 01:22 PM
REBEL JOE

Mine Just showed up one day. I now have bunches,not sure where they come
from. Maybe from bird feet like all those darn little fish I keep
getting that I never put in (and there not koi) so there not babies from
my fish.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 21-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Kevin Carbis

We didn't even have our pond landscaped before we saw two different
dragonflies casing the joint. We were planting it all weekend and
watched as the two showed up with their partners and began staking out
some space. Very cool. Quite an array of birds to. And I live in
the suburbs, surrounded by houses.

Patience grasshoppa!

Old 21-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Bob Adkins

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 01:32:13 GMT, Axolotl wrote:

I've just finished setting it up, at least I think I have. It's about 18ft
x 16ft approx triangle and about 34 inches deep.

I am thinking about Koi, but for the moment I will stick to goldfish until
I have more experience with pond management.

Does anybody know how to attract dragonflies to my pond? Could I buy
dragonfly eggs or nymphs?

Buy a crate of mosquitos and...awww, never mind.

Bob
Old 21-07-2003, 09:26 PM
jammer

I believe it is one of those "build it and they will come" deals. I
have seen many different kinds of dragonflies and damselflies since i
put in the pond. (And it is very small)

Old 21-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Sam Hopkins

I asked the same thing. I found that they come all by theirself.

"Axolotl" wrote in message
. 130...
I've just finished setting it up, at least I think I have. It's about 18ft
x 16ft approx triangle and about 34 inches deep.

I am thinking about Koi, but for the moment I will stick to goldfish until
I have more experience with pond management.

Does anybody know how to attract dragonflies to my pond? Could I buy
dragonfly eggs or nymphs?

TIA
ANO

Help - Best way to attach hoses Pelvis Popcan Ponds 8 23-07-2003 11:42 PM
Dragonflies - how to attracted (not attach) them Axolotl Ponds 1 22-07-2003 03:02 PM
Dragonflies - how to attach them Axolotl Ponds 0 21-07-2003 02:54 AM
Kordon's Ich Attach abc Ponds 2 27-05-2003 04:09 AM
Attach weed sprayer to Sprinkler System Steve J Gardening 6 14-04-2003 03:08 PM