Old 14-08-2003, 02:23 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Blue Koi in MD?

OK, months ago I scoffed at you loonies spending good money on fish, how
silly of you. I bought MY koi at Petschmart for like $2.99 each. I got two
white with orange stripes, and two that are pale yellow.

A few weeks ago one of the pale yellow ones came up to say hello and
emmeril styleBAM/emmeril style he was AMAZING looking. Very beautiful
yellow.

I WANT MORE!!!

I WANT A BLUE ONE!!!

Where can I go that is within driving distance of Baltimore to see some Koi
for sale? Oh and I am still on the cheap. I am unemployed as of Monday.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old 14-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:16:49 -0400
"BenignVanilla" wrote:

Oh and I am still on the cheap. I am unemployed as of Monday.

Last Monday or coming up? Either way, too bad unless you're happy about
it, in which case, yippie!

(never let it be said that I wasn't ready to fall on either side of
the fence.)

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
Old 14-08-2003, 03:22 PM
BenignVanilla

news:20030814084845.033ead7b.cyber_wizard@mindspri ng.com...
"BenignVanilla" wrote:

Oh and I am still on the cheap. I am unemployed as of Monday.

Last Monday or coming up? Either way, too bad unless you're happy about
it, in which case, yippie!

(never let it be said that I wasn't ready to fall on either side of
the fence.)

Tomorrow is my last day on my current contract. *sigh* Oh well...more pond
time for me!

BV,

Old 14-08-2003, 04:42 PM
FBCS

Sorry BV, you can always dig another hole.

I saw some at the show. After the posting from Bob, I went to every vendor
and asked if they had blue koi. Saw some beauties. None looked the same,
from blue markings to blue sides. I (naive) thought I was going to see this
pure blue fish. I did not buy (pricey). Have you tried to call Lilypons,
they are in Buckeystown (Frederick) MD. I bought some butterfly from them
as I was passing through, they are all three fine. I two I purchased at the
show were sick and died. Joann

Old 14-08-2003, 06:02 PM
BenignVanilla

"FBCS" wrote in message
Sorry BV, you can always dig another hole.

I saw some at the show. After the posting from Bob, I went to every vendor
and asked if they had blue koi. Saw some beauties. None looked the same,
from blue markings to blue sides. I (naive) thought I was going to see

this
pure blue fish. I did not buy (pricey). Have you tried to call Lilypons,
they are in Buckeystown (Frederick) MD. I bought some butterfly from

them
as I was passing through, they are all three fine. I two I purchased at

the
show were sick and died. Joann

snip

Good idea. Maybe I'll drive out to lilypons next week.

BV.

Old 14-08-2003, 08:12 PM
David Modine

Lilypons has their annual Koi & Wine festival the weekend of Aug 30-31.
You will probably have a better chance of finding something unique, as
they should be well stocked for the festival.
I'd advice you to get there early on Sat for the best selection.
David

Old 14-08-2003, 10:13 PM
David Modine

Don't forget to dress for sweat.
Not much of a breeze down in the valley where Lilypons is located, & man
o man can it get hot out there in the sun.

The Lotus & Lilly growing\display ponds should be spectacular right now,
with all the heat & sun we have been suffering lately. Well worth a good
sweat, IMO, even if you don't really need any more fish.

Old 14-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Bob in PA

Whoohooo, I started a craze!

--

See the amazing blue koi!!
Check out my pond webpage:

Click on the My Pond Link under Places to Go

Take ME away to reply

Old 15-08-2003, 04:28 AM
jammer

wrote:

OK, months ago I scoffed at you loonies spending good money on fish, how
silly of you. I bought MY koi at Petschmart for like $2.99 each. I got two
white with orange stripes, and two that are pale yellow.

A few weeks ago one of the pale yellow ones came up to say hello and
emmeril styleBAM/emmeril style he was AMAZING looking. Very beautiful
yellow.

I WANT MORE!!!

I WANT A BLUE ONE!!!

Where can I go that is within driving distance of Baltimore to see some Koi
for sale? Oh and I am still on the cheap. I am unemployed as of Monday.

$2.99?! I bought two 12cent feeders!