Old 14-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Nedra

Default Koi Now have the Pond!

Did I tell you all that I had the Koi pond netted of all
the goldfish?? I am so surprised everytime I look at the
Koi Pond and see only Koi! There are 13 Koi for 2500
gallons of pond water. Feels good Not to be over-
stocked any more.
The goldfish are in the Lotus Pond. I never see them up
near the top so they
must have plenty to eat.

Nedra

Old 15-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Cool! Community ponds are nice - lots of activity and colors, but it can
become problematic if/when meds are needed. Having them separated will make
that easier. Plus it will keep "mules" from happening. And the goldies
aren't as hard on the plants as koi are. Musta been hard to catch all those
goldies in that much water G!

Lee

news

Old 15-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Nedra

I have to credit David, the long-legged pond guy, with doing
the catching! He put them in Rubbermaid container and I
moved them to the lotus pond. I was shocked when he said
the lotus pond was at least 10 degrees colder! Oh MY!
Only one was under visible stress - the white 8 year old! A-OK
within the hour!

Still no complaints from either pond ;-)

Nedra

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Cool! Community ponds are nice - lots of activity and colors, but it can
become problematic if/when meds are needed. Having them separated will

make
that easier. Plus it will keep "mules" from happening. And the goldies
aren't as hard on the plants as koi are. Musta been hard to catch all

those
goldies in that much water G!

Lee

news