Old 16-08-2003, 12:32 AM
BenignVanilla

Default Frog Eggs?

I went back to the pond this evening and was checking out the action. The VF
is nearly void of plants as I am working on it this weekend. In one of the
clear spots, I found what I think are frog eggs.

What should I do?

Pix at: http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/pondphotos.htm

Click on August 15, 2003.

BV.

Old 16-08-2003, 01:02 AM
K30a

BV wrote What should I do?

Are you emptying out the VF this weekend while working on it?
If so, toss the eggs in a bucket, keep it in the shade and put them back in
when they are done.

If you want lots of bouncing baby froglets don't put the eggs in with the fish.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 16-08-2003, 01:32 AM
joe

BenignVanilla wrote:

What should I do?

Buy some good Cuban cigars and be prepared to mail them out:

Joe Boldt
5261 Constitution Rd
San Diego, CA 92117

Old 16-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Anne Lurie

LEAVE THE POND ALONE!

Oh, c'mon, you should have known I could never let that pass.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 17-08-2003, 12:42 AM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message
BV wrote What should I do?

Are you emptying out the VF this weekend while working on it?
If so, toss the eggs in a bucket, keep it in the shade and put them back

in
when they are done.

If you want lots of bouncing baby froglets don't put the eggs in with the

fish.

I made sure I kept water in it to allow them to do what they do. Today, they
are already not globes anymore. They look more like ovals, kind like mouse
poop.

Unfortunately for me, I have a minnow infestation, so there is no water in
my yard without fish. *laugh*

BV.

Old 17-08-2003, 01:07 AM
BenignVanilla

"joe" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:

What should I do?

Buy some good Cuban cigars and be prepared to mail them out:

snip

Hopefully not one cigar per kid. I may need hundreds.

BV.

Old 17-08-2003, 01:07 AM
BenignVanilla

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
.. .
LEAVE THE POND ALONE!

Oh, c'mon, you should have known I could never let that pass.

snip

I'd expect no less, but I did ignore the mantra totally today. On Orange
Pond is back.

BV.

Old 17-08-2003, 01:09 AM
K30a

The black specs are like mouse poop, I mean oval shape?
They start out as periods and then turn into two periods then turn into commas
(see the writerly analogy here...)
Eventually they start twitching and then they will cling to the side of
whatever is handy while they use up their yolk sack.
Finally they'll start swimming around.
Legs come first, then arms, then they absorb their tail and hop away.
(If this happens in the house ponds, they will hop to the bathroom and try to
attain the porcelain pond.)

Old 20-08-2003, 10:22 PM

In , on 08/19/03
at 10:05 PM, "Anne Lurie" said:

Can your toads get in & out of the pond? After seeing a
"mighty-tired-looking" toad clawing at the side of the pond (okay, I'm
anthropomorphizing -- thinking of animals in terms of human behavior, I
think), it occurred to me that the toad could be in my teeny little
preformed water garden for a long time if it had no way to climb out or
nothing to perch on to jump out.

Yes, there are ways for toads that would enter my pond to lay eggs to get
back out.

Alan

**** Please use address alanh(at)min.net to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564

Old 21-08-2003, 03:02 AM
BenignVanilla

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
I went back to the pond this evening and was checking out the action. The

VF
is nearly void of plants as I am working on it this weekend. In one of the
clear spots, I found what I think are frog eggs.

What should I do?

Pix at: http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/pondphotos.htm

Click on August 15, 2003.

The eggs went from dots, to comma's to full blow miniature taddies today. I
saw about 30-40, before I began mucking about. They all then swam away.

BV.

Where to get potassium permanganate, and will it hurt frog eggs? Pam Gibbs Ponds 3 22-07-2004 07:39 PM
Where to get potassium permanganate, and will it hurt frog eggs? Pam Gibbs Ponds 5 21-07-2004 07:04 AM
Frog Eggs Yesterday...Today Nada Benign Vanilla Ponds 5 29-05-2004 04:05 PM
frog/toad eggs wanted Judi9000 Ponds 3 15-11-2003 11:22 PM
I have frog eggs! KMartin Ponds 2 27-06-2003 11:56 AM