Old 21-08-2003, 12:22 AM
joe

Default There was an old woman who swallowed a fly

The biggest two mistakes I made with my pond we

1) putting Gambusia in it
2) planting pennywort.

I'm going to deal with the pennywort in fall, but to help control the
mosquito fish, I went out and bought two Oscars. I made a deal with the pet
store that I could return them in October when the water became too cold for
them.

My SO immediately named them and said we would have to get an aquarium for
them in winter. In our house, once you get a name, you stay until you die, a
rule that has served me in good stead many times. Well, there's no room for
an aquarium, so I will shortly be building a 200 gallon, heated (no less)
pond.

The first thing the Oscars did was decide to snub the Gambusia diet and eat
goldfish pellets.

What can I put in that will eat the Oscars?

Joe

Old 21-08-2003, 04:03 AM
dkat

Thank you for the nice chuckle... D Kat

P.S. My billions of mosquito fish babies have been becoming noticeable
fewer in number. I have 3 butterfly koi, a fair number of offspring from my
original "feeder" (and one of the original) gold fish, some number of
frogs.... I assume they are playing a part in the reduced number of smaller
fish (both mosquito and goldfish). I do not feed my fish more than they
show interest in after the first few minutes.

Old 21-08-2003, 07:22 AM
Karen Mullen

In article , joe writes:

What can I put in that will eat the Oscars?

an alligator
Karen

Zone 5
Ashland, OH