Old 23-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Little Scooby

Default Holy Super Pond treatment question.

I have a new very small pond (7x5 feet about 220 gallons) with a preformed
plastic liner and I was wondering what type of water treatment I should use
for it to keep the water clear?
The pond is used mainly as a foam jet fountain water feature and will have
no fish, frogs, or plants. It will be in the sun for part of the day, under
shade the other part.

My goal is to keep the water as clear as possible at all times. Do I need to
treat it with something to keep it clear or is the constant water
circulation (500 GPH) from the pump all I need since there will be no living
organisms in it? Just curious.

-Little Scooby

Old 23-08-2003, 03:12 PM
mad

clorox
mad
--
Women should not have children after thirty-five.
Really. Thirty-five children are enough...

Old 24-08-2003, 02:02 AM
zookeeper

Little Scooby wrote:
I have a new very small pond (7x5 feet about 220 gallons) with a preformed
plastic liner ... what type of water treatment ... to keep the water clear?
The pond is used mainly as a foam jet fountain water feature and will have
no fish, frogs, or plants ...

My goal is to keep the water as clear as possible at all times. Do I need to
treat it with something to keep it clear or is the constant water
circulation (500 GPH) from the pump all I need ...

Someone suggested bleach. My suggestion would be to use swimming pool
chlorine tablets; they're about 1 inch across and you could put one in a
little basket either near your pump intake or output. As the water flows
over and past it, it dissolves slowly and keeps the water constantly
slightly chlorinated. You might need to adjust the pH up or down tho, as
it requires a mid-range pH in order to dissolve.

Where are those pictures?
--
Zk
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies