Old 27-08-2003, 05:32 PM
LeeAnne

Default my Pl*co behavior (g)

If I know I need to catch fish in a day or two I'll put the fish net in the
tank and leave it there. They get used to it and it makes it easier to
simply whip the net up when the correct fish swims above it. :-)

LeeAnne
"magus kent"
wrote in message
Here in zone 5 I won't even try a pl*co outside, but when I have to catch
one in an aquarium I'll put a piece of appropriately sized PVC pipe in
and when he goes in, reach in, cover bothe ends and lift out the pipe
with occupant. This works on small ones and my (approx) fifteen sailfin
pl*co in a 90 gal tank...m

Old 27-08-2003, 05:32 PM
LeeAnne

It's not a myth - I'm telling ya it's all true!!! It's like a jinx or
something

:-D

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thanks for the information, guys. I appreciate it ...

Old 28-08-2003, 03:24 AM
Bob in PA

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
If I know I need to catch fish in a day or two I'll put the fish net in

the
tank and leave it there. They get used to it and it makes it easier to
simply whip the net up when the correct fish swims above it. :-)

Best way to catch a pleco is with your hands. Sometimes they get caught in
the net when the thrash around. When you catch them with your hands, you
should do it with a moderately tight gripe, cause these guys are strong.

Bob

--
Http://trains99.tripod.com

Click on the My Pond Link under Places to Go

Old 28-08-2003, 06:02 PM
LeeAnne

I use a net w/a very fine mesh so they're barbs (on the fins) cannot get
stuck. Never had a problem w/them thrashing about -- then again I'm talking
about aquarium fishies and not big ponders

LeeAnne

Old 29-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Anne Lurie

Nedra, you'll surely get a laugh out of this -- until I saw the replies to
your question, I always thought people spoke about pl*co because it was a
cussword!

As you can probably guess, I spend way too much time in newsgroups and know
nothing whatsoever about fish!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Nedra" wrote in message
nk.net...
? Why are we not spelling out the word Pleco?

Nedra

Old 30-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Nedra

Ohhh, Annie ;-) Cute. As for plecos...
I inherited one .. it got too cold & died.
I did not like the way it
harrassed the pretty koi I also inherited. The koi
is out in the main pond .. doing wonderfully well now
that the pleco is out of the picture.

Nedra

. com...

Old 01-09-2003, 10:32 PM
mad

but anne--to some of us it is!
mad
--
The word "bipartisan" usually means some larger-than-usual
deception is being carried out.

Old 01-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Denise

The first few years I had fish tanks, I always had a pleco or two to
keep the tanks clean. They are like "mini-hoovers". Fascinating fish to
watch, especially the way they suck along the sides of the tank and swim
upside down on water surface to feed. I always had some lettuce or
spinach leaves on clip inside tanks for them. I never had one in a pond.
As already mentioned, not a good idea in zone 5.

I always named my plecos Mick Jagger or Steve Tyler (those big lips LOL)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Strange behavior... SueAndHerZoo Ponds 34 20-03-2004 03:42 AM
Greg/jan/others - H2O Hardness indicated, help was Strange Koi behavior, now dead. K30a Ponds 1 18-05-2003 06:44 AM
Strange Koi Behavior itten Ponds 13 17-05-2003 02:56 AM
Low cholesterol beef, humane handling"touch", behavior modifacation Michael sci.agriculture 11 26-04-2003 12:25 PM
tetra species behavior LeighMo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:15 AM