Old 02-09-2003, 08:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Lotus - Fall Action

Zone 7a or near abouts, are you finding your lotus slowing down now? I've
no new buds and the last is blooming today. Pond is only getting into the
low 70s during the day. Sound like normal lotus behavior?

Hardy & Tropical Lilies going great guns. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 02-09-2003, 09:42 PM
dkat

Absolutely (Long Island - zone 7a) but even though we are in the same zone
I'm considerably further north than you are - I think.... It is cold enough
here today that I'm sitting on my hands so I won't turn on the heat.
Tomorrow it will probably be hot and humid again. Anyway, my lotus (next
year there will be MORE... addictive plants I have discovered) has stopped
putting out new leaves. It is still looking quite happy but you can tell it
is done for the year .....
DK
s.com...

Old 03-09-2003, 03:42 PM
EliezerE

I'm in Zone 5, Chicago, and I finally got one, my first ever, bud on my lotus a
week ago. It is slowly growing, but I have a feeling that all I can expect
this year is the frustration of ALMOST having gotten it to bloom.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:02 PM
D Kat

I would keep my fingers crossed and not give up hope (a little dance in the
morning around the pond, chanting nice things)... doesn't the lake keep
things temperate for a bit yet? My first (only) blossom actually didn't
open until a couple of weeks or so ago. And given the crazy weather
patterns we now have we may just move back into hot weather for the next
month (though I imagine day light is more critical than temperature - still
temperature must play some part and since the bud is already formed...)...
OK, now I'll stop my musing and wait for someone that actually knows
something about the area and lotus to give some useful info...

DK

Old 03-09-2003, 09:22 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Thanks DK. ) Though we're not to the point of even thinking of turning
on the heat, I'm sure the angle of the sun and shorter days plays a part,
too. ~ jan

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 20:36:37 GMT, "dkat" wrote:

Absolutely (Long Island - zone 7a) but even though we are in the same zone
I'm considerably further north than you are - I think.... It is cold enough
here today that I'm sitting on my hands so I won't turn on the heat.
Tomorrow it will probably be hot and humid again. Anyway, my lotus (next
year there will be MORE... addictive plants I have discovered) has stopped
putting out new leaves. It is still looking quite happy but you can tell it
is done for the year .....
DK
ws.com...