Old 05-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Neil McManus

Default What type of dragonfly is this ?

Recently a noisy black and green drgonfly visited my pond. I managed to get
some pictures as it was busy laying eggs. Can anyone tell me what type of
dragonfly this is?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mcmanusonline/pond.htm

There are also other pictures of the pond over its 6 month existence. I am
really pleased with the amount of wildlife that has appeared in such a short
time.

I am in West Lothian, Scotland.

Thanks,

Neil

Old 05-09-2003, 10:42 PM
K30a

Hi Neil,

Have you spotted this site yet?
http://www.mybitoftheplanet.com/

I love it. It was what inspired me to put in my fishless frog bog.
The fellow is somewhere in England and has pages about his garden and pond. He
seems to be able to ID whatever or whoever shows up!

To figure out what type of dragonfly you have you might try this page
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/w...earch?openform

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 07-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Jamie

In article , Neil McManus neildotmcm
anus@NOSPAMsurfanytimedotcodotuk.? writes
Recently a noisy black and green drgonfly visited my pond. I managed to get
some pictures as it was busy laying eggs. Can anyone tell me what type of
dragonfly this is?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mcmanusonline/pond.htm

I haven't looked but it's probably a Southern Hawker, that's what I've
had around here.

Look at http://www.dragonflysoc.org.uk

For help at identification

--
Jamie

"Dragonfly" behaviour Broadback Ponds 3 17-10-2005 05:27 PM
Dragonfly behavior Newbie Bill Ponds 9 17-07-2004 02:03 AM
first dragonfly really ka30p Ponds 9 24-04-2004 12:06 AM
New dragonfly Bob H Ponds 1 27-07-2003 01:22 AM
OT, Sorta: Dragonfly Nymphs LeeAnne Ponds 3 17-06-2003 01:56 PM