Old 10-09-2003, 11:51 PM
*muffin*

Default baby 'whatsits'

I saw 2 little fish in my pond a few days ago. they were only 1 in long, one
was white/red/black the other black/orange.
(there are also a couple strange ones that are 2 inch long, which I did NOT
put there)

I am not having any luck taking pics of them, for you to identify..*darn*

so, anyway, I'll ask a few questions.
1.IF they are either koi or goldfish, how long ago would the eggs have had
to have been layed(& hatched) to get this size?
2. the largest koi I 'had' was 12" & 10",, not big enough for parents? (&
all my koi have died a month ago...... long sad story only my koi
died,,,*bad* purchase)
3. my largest goldfish are about 7"... big enough for parents??
4. I have not added any new plants for quite a while....so don't think it
was a tag-a-long

any ideas? can't figure if they are koi or one shubunkin & funky goldfish.

Old 11-09-2003, 07:09 AM
Karen Mullen

In article , "*muffin*"
writes:

1.IF they are either koi or goldfish, how long ago would the eggs have had
to have been layed(& hatched) to get this size?

probably this first mating in the spring to be an inch long

2. the largest koi I 'had' was 12" & 10",, not big enough for parents? (&
all my koi have died a month ago...... long sad story only my koi
died,,,*bad* purchase)

sorry about your loss, but yes they could be parents

3. my largest goldfish are about 7"... big enough for parents??

Yes again.

4. I have not added any new plants for quite a while....so don't think it
was a tag-a-long

any ideas? can't figure if they are koi or one shubunkin & funky goldfish.

koi, goldfish and shubunkin will all intermingle and make some very interesting
offspring.

congratulations

Karen

Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
What a treat! Baby water iris! (And Dallas question) jammer Ponds 0 16-02-2003 10:27 AM
Baby Squirrels, Was: Saw my first robin today :( zhanataya Gardening 2 08-02-2003 08:24 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM
BRRRR!!! BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!!! Jo Gardening 0 24-01-2003 11:09 PM