Old 15-09-2003, 07:22 AM
k conover

Default Another waterfalls question

I'm considering adding a small waterfall to my pond. My yard has a natural
slope, so it shouldn't be too hard...the pre-fab fiberglass ones seem
easiest, but are they hard to attach rocks to cover the black color?
Also, how does it impact one's utility bill to add a small waterfall,
since you have to have something with the power to pull the water back up
the line to go over the falls?
Thanks,
Kirsten

Old 16-09-2003, 01:13 AM
RichToyBox

Kirsten,

Build the rocks up around the outside of the fiberglass unit or bury it in a
pile of soil and cover as much of the soil as you like with the rock. The
top should be planted as part of the veggie filtration, which conceals the
top area.

When looking for a pump for the waterfall, look at the energy requirements
for the pumps available in the approximate gallon per hour size that you are
interested in, since the difference in energy requirements can easily be
more than the cost of the pump. Many of the good pumps draw less
electricity than a couple of light bulbs, so you probably won't even see it
in your electric bill.
--
RichToyBox

Old 16-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Pat Keith

More like 6 light bulbs running 24 hours a day every day of the month.
About $20.

Old 17-09-2003, 05:22 PM
k conover

I can handle that :-)
Kirsten

Old 17-09-2003, 09:33 PM
moonier

Hi Kierten;

Not sure about the plastic but I build a small waterfall and pond in the
back and the pump uses about 90 watts per hour. About like running a light.
The water fall I have is about four feet high and has a flow over and a
cascade.

Doug

"k conover" wrote in message
I'm considering adding a small waterfall to my pond. My yard has a

natural
slope, so it shouldn't be too hard...the pre-fab fiberglass ones seem
easiest, but are they hard to attach rocks to cover the black color?
Also, how does it impact one's utility bill to add a small waterfall,
since you have to have something with the power to pull the water back up
the line to go over the falls?
Thanks,
Kirsten

Waterfalls Question- new one continuing thred... Gareee© Ponds 0 16-09-2003 05:22 PM
Waterfalls Question Norm Courage Ponds 9 16-09-2003 04:12 PM
bonsai waterfalls Asla Group Bonsai 0 11-06-2003 12:08 AM
Anyone seen pre-made fiberglass or foam waterfalls on sale anywhere? Gareee Ponds 3 18-04-2003 03:32 AM
Rocks & Waterfalls new site!! Ask me Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:35 AM