Old 17-09-2003, 01:36 AM
-keevill-

Default water pump

I think I need a pump for a waterfall feature with capacity of 225 lts /
min. I am considering using solar power. Any ideas where to pick up
information about this?

Old 17-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

From what I've read from other posters, you would need an extraordinary
array of collectors to operate a pump of that size. The cost of the
collectors and batteries would exceed the cost of running an electrical
line - and that doesn't include the maintenance. If all you're planning on
running is the waterfall, I guess it wouldn't matter too much if it didn't
run at night or during inclement weather. However, if it's also supposed to
do your filtration/aeration, you need that running 24/7/365. Solar is not
good for that.

Good luck!
Lee

Old 23-09-2003, 06:36 AM
Tom Graefe

I have been running a solar powered Koi pond for about 4 years. Living in
South Florida with power outages it is the only way to keep them floating
belly down. Huge bio filter and lot's of plants. Running 1200 gph 24/7.
If you need info email me.

--

Tom

"-keevill-" wrote in message
I think I need a pump for a waterfall feature with capacity of 225 lts /
min. I am considering using solar power. Any ideas where to pick up
information about this?

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).