Old 19-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Barry

Default Are these eggs?

I have posted an image of what look like bumpy slugs in alt.
binaries.pictures.garden whit the subject "what are these??"
These growths appeared a week or so after adding an Apple snail to the pond.
I don't know if theres any corrilation or anything to worry about.
If they are Apple snails, I will need lots more plants and and more algae
for them.
Even with feeding my one snail romain lettuce, he or she has eated ALL my
plants.

Old 19-09-2003, 03:42 PM
K30a

Can't get to that newsgroup.
Are the eggs pinkish in colour?
Then they are probably apple snail
eggs.
If your snails are eating your plants
then you need to get them out of the pond
and the eggs too!
Here is a page on apple snails
http://www.applesnail.net/content/main.htm

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 24-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Rich Conley

Seems you bought one of the worst types of apple snails...one thats
basically an underwater lawnmower. I'd reccommend returning him, and
going to apple-snail.net and orpering a pomecia bridesai (spelling
horribly off) from one of the forum goers there. These apple snails do
not eat live plants, and come in a variety of colors.

Dave Fouchey wrote:

I got the image they are indeed Apple Snail Eggs two large masses of
them.

Dave