Old 21-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Jerrispond

Default sores on koi

3 days ago I noticed a sore on my large koi, today there is one on another koi.
Both koi are white females, one a butterfly. Both are about 20" and in great
health. They are on the side of one and the top of another. the one with the
sore on its back has a large shred of skin following. It looks exactly like
they rubbed on some of the rocks. There is no preditor behavior and both are
being social and eating like the pigs they are. My question is....why would
they get scraped on the pond for the first time within 3 days of each other,
and in a pond they have been in over 5 years? Do female koi go after each
other for territories or males ....or any strange thing like that??? Would the
channel catfish ( who is their size) gone after and scared them for some reason
??? Any ideas They have spawned in this pond for several years and never
got scraped up. Jerri

Old 22-09-2003, 03:32 PM
PER JOHANNESSON

No other signs of a parasite attack? It could make them flash.
Just a thought,
Per Johannesson

Old 22-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Jerrispond

No other signs of a parasite attack? It could make them flash.Just a thought,
3 days ago I noticed a sore on my large koi, today there is one on another
koi. Both koi are white females, one a butterfly. Both are about 20"

no, I thought about that also, and gave all the koi in the pond a really good
look.....on the colored ones I probably couldn't tell, but on the other whites
and yellows no other sores,,,,just those 2 fish Jerri

Old 23-09-2003, 03:42 PM

there is always something in the pond they can injure themselves on.
if you cannot catch and treat, then salt and antibiotic food.
sores on more than one fish means something is going on in the pond. treatment with
PP can stop almost all parasites, knock the level down. Ingrid

(Jerrispond) wrote:

[...]

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 28-09-2003, 12:14 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I agree with Ingrid, similar thing happened in my ponds too. Didn't find
parasites, in my case, but the fish are bigger and thus room between the
pots and walls smaller. This is where Koizyme really helps. ~ jan

(Jerrispond) wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.