Old 30-09-2003, 10:22 AM
David Appleby

Default koi

I have a young koi carp, but it seems to got fat and got bulging eyes it was
fine 3 weeks ago,someone said it sounded like it was dropsey and to use salt
in a seperate tub.

Old 30-09-2003, 07:32 PM

salt is contraindicated. get the salt out, use epsom salts, heat and antibiotics.
but read here
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...ame.htm#dropsy
Ingrid

"David Appleby" wrote:

I have a young koi carp, but it seems to got fat and got bulging eyes it was
fine 3 weeks ago,someone said it sounded like it was dropsey and to use salt
in a seperate tub.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 19-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Cookie

How longbefore a dead Koi floats to surface?

Old 19-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Cookie

How longbefore a dead Koi floats to surface?

Old 19-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Newbie Bill

Sorry no clear answer here.When I first started my pond I had 3 larger
comets die overnight. Two were floating and one was on the bottom, so I
suspect guidelines are difficult. Someone may have had a missing fish
eventually floating, but of course if they knew it had passed, they would
remove it immediately. You should do your best to find it. If it has
passed due to disease, the other fish may nibble at it and spread it
internally and more rapidly. Of course others have been found weakend and
just floating lethargically up cover. Good Luck!
Bill