Old 18-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Steve and Lisa

Default Moving......

Hello Group.....

My husband and I just purchased a house. We previously were renting and have
a small pond we put in. As we'll be moving and do not wish to leave the pond
inhabitants what are our options in moving them this time of year. (We are
in located bordering Zones 5 & 6 in NE Ohio.)

Lisa

Old 18-10-2003, 06:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

My husband and I just purchased a house. We previously were renting and have
a small pond we put in. As we'll be moving and do not wish to leave the pond
inhabitants what are our options in moving them this time of year. (We are
in located bordering Zones 5 & 6 in NE Ohio.)

Lisa

If money were no object. I'd get a large aquarium and enjoy them thru the
winter, till you get the pond put in. On the economical side, I'd get a
tote tub using a bucket filter and keep them inside next to a window for
light.

It would help if we knew what kind of inhabitants you have, will you be
taking the pump & filter with you? ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 18-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Steve and Lisa

Jan.....

We have one comet, two fantails, one shubunkin, one clam, five pond snails
and a five frogs (only one that I positively know is still in the pond as I
see him/her each morning swimming around.

Yes we are taking the pump/filter with us.

Thank you for the tote tub idea. )

Lisa

Old 18-10-2003, 11:02 PM
John Hines

"Steve and Lisa" wrote:

Hello Group.....

My husband and I just purchased a house. We previously were renting and have
a small pond we put in. As we'll be moving and do not wish to leave the pond
inhabitants what are our options in moving them this time of year. (We are
in located bordering Zones 5 & 6 in NE Ohio.)

A small stock tank, of which you can use later after you build your
pond, for a isolation, or hospital tank.
Old 19-10-2003, 02:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

We have one comet, two fantails, one shubunkin, one clam, five pond snails
and a five frogs (only one that I positively know is still in the pond as I
see him/her each morning swimming around.

Yes we are taking the pump/filter with us. Lisa

Then you can use that in the tote tub, or stock tank as John suggested.
Tote tubs though are very economical and buying a house.... isn't, at
first. ;o) ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 20-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Steve and Lisa

Jan thanks so much.....your idea will fit in our budget at the moment a bit
more than John's....though I'd love to have an isolation tank. (Use to have
salt water tanks in past life with isolation tank for the ones that fell
ill.)

Old 20-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Jan is very good at reading the details of our questions and getting to more
of the essence.

Don't totally over look John's suggestion though, this is why.

If I was in your shoes, I will buy the small stock tank (35 gallons or so)
and use it afterwards either for the quarantine as suggested, but most
likely for the filtration when you build your pond. Skippy's page has a
suggestion on how to build what I consider to be the best filter using a
small stock tank. see http://www.skippysstuff.com/index.html

Just my 2 cents (less than 2 pennies I guess!)

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

. ..