Old 24-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Tracey

Default Moving....

Well, our beautiful little garden is soon to be ours no more.
Our landlord has decided to sell the house, which means our
lease is up at the end of June and will not be renewed. So,
since I've fallen in love with quite a few plants here, I
was thinking that I would attempt to take some starts from
a lot of them when leaving. Here is a partial list of plants
that I would like to take a small version with me. I need
to do some heavy cutting back soon (rainy season, the plants
are just busting out all over the place!) and have planned
to stock up on rooting hormone, soil, pots and just stick
various pruned pieces into pots and hope for the best. If
you see any of these plants that just won't be reproduced
that way and/or have a better way of doing it, please re-
spond with those suggestions. Thanks!

Oh, yeah, I apologize for all of the common names, but I
have had to learn a couple of hundred new plant names and
the common ones are the only ones that stick with me right
now.

Green rose bush
Cup and sauce (or Chinaman's hat) bush
Lantana
Bougainvillea
Passionflower
Gardenia
Stephanotis
Epidendrum ?? orchid (the terrestrial ones)

Well, that's all I can think of right off the top of my head
this morning. I'm sure once I start looking around, I'll find
more that I'll be asking about.

Tracey

Old 25-02-2003, 04:03 AM
jammer

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:22:17 GMT, Tracey wrote:

Well, our beautiful little garden is soon to be ours no more.

I would cry like there was no tomorrow if i lost my garden!

(ok, so it's all dead now, but i have grown fond of my dirt!)
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 25-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Tracey

I would cry like there was no tomorrow if i lost my garden!

Well, it's never really been 'ours'. We are renting the place
and I haven't planted anything in it. Mainly because I haven't
seen anyplace that *needed* anything. But I have come to
like a lot of the plants she has. The green rose is a favorite
of mine now (although it's pretty bland, it's interesting as
all get out.)

The one yard that *was* all mine, I was depressed about leaving.

Tracey

Old 25-02-2003, 07:27 PM
jammer

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:11:22 GMT, Tracey wrote:

I would cry like there was no tomorrow if i lost my garden!

Well, it's never really been 'ours'. We are renting the place
and I haven't planted anything in it. Mainly because I haven't
seen anyplace that *needed* anything. But I have come to
like a lot of the plants she has. The green rose is a favorite
of mine now (although it's pretty bland, it's interesting as
all get out.)

The one yard that *was* all mine, I was depressed about leaving.

Tracey

Will this next yard be "yours"?

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 25-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Tracey

Will this next yard be "yours"?

Probably not, what with real estate prices in Hawaii being
what they are. We bought our last house with a VA loan (no
down payment) but the cap on VA loans makes it so that only
a part of the purchase price on a house that we would want
would be 'downpayment-less' and the rest of it would require
at least 10%. And, with 2 kids of our own, three kids from
a previous marriage with two just completing college and one
just entering, and a wedding coming up in a few months, a
down payment of *any* kind is out of the question right now.

So, we'll be renting for a few more years before we can even
begin to think about buying.

Tracey

Old 25-02-2003, 08:04 PM
jammer

Well, when you DO have your own yard, it will be that much more
special. In the meantime, put your plant and flower beds on wheels so
they can wheel right into the back of the moving truck next time

Old 25-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Tracey

In the meantime, put your plant and flower beds on wheels
so they can wheel right into the back of the moving truck
next time

I am. I haven't planted one thing in the yard here, but I
sure haven't been stopped from getting new plants. I've
got about 30 orchids and at least 50 other plants in pots
on the lanais and in the house. When I last cut back the
ginger around the house, I was able to start two *large*
pots of red ginger and one pot of white that I'll be taking
with us, wherever we end up.

Tracey

Old 25-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Tracey

OHHH!!!!! To be able to grow orchids!!!!!!!

Yeah, I feel kind of guilty sometimes reading the orchid
newsgroup. People talking about humidifiers and greenhouses
and misters and fertilizers and all that stuff. I just buy
one, put it out on the lanai and water occasionally.

Tracey

Old 26-02-2003, 12:16 AM
jammer

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:13:58 GMT, Tracey wrote:

OHHH!!!!! To be able to grow orchids!!!!!!!

Yeah, I feel kind of guilty sometimes reading the orchid
newsgroup. People talking about humidifiers and greenhouses
and misters and fertilizers and all that stuff. I just buy
one, put it out on the lanai and water occasionally.

Tracey

I wouldnt even try it here. I dd a lot to try and grow carnations
once. Eventhough the package says good to zone 7, they must mean
through 6, cause it just didnt work.

Enjoy your tropical paradise! And please say hello to the ocean for
jammer.
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 01-03-2003, 06:03 PM

I got orchids. I dont have humidifiers and a greenhouse for them. I got a 55 gallon
fish tank in the basement. put em in there, water em once a week. temp is like 55o.
they bloom great. Ingrid

Tracey wrote:

OHHH!!!!! To be able to grow orchids!!!!!!!

Yeah, I feel kind of guilty sometimes reading the orchid
newsgroup. People talking about humidifiers and greenhouses
and misters and fertilizers and all that stuff. I just buy
one, put it out on the lanai and water occasionally.

Tracey

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:51 PM
A P Hemming

Follow Up I got orchids. I dont have humidifiers and a greenhouse for them. I got a 55 gallon
fish tank in the basement. put em in there, water em once a week. temp is like 55o.
they bloom great. Ingrid

What do you use for light in your basement?

--
Paul.Cheltenham,England.