Old 06-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default OT Cats in the shower

Kathleen wrote:

Truly weird, or possibly at least part Siamese. I had a Siamese that
liked to take tub baths with me but hated showers. Considered them
dangerous and propably immoral as well, and would sit outside the shower
stall howling at the top of his lungs until you got done. I tried
grabbing him and hauling him in with me to shut him up. Once. It was a
learning experience for both of us.

He's just your garden variety shorthaired tiger. Funny though, he's
the exact opposite - hates tub baths but loves the shower. There is a
downside to this, I must add, in that we have to dump drain cleaner into
the tub about every six weeks. He sheds like mad and between my waist
lenght hair and his adbundant amount of short hair, the drain gets
clogged. I've tried numerous things to prevent the hair from going down
- screens, inverted strainers, etc. but with a pull up type drain
release, nothing has worked so far.

More goofy cat stories are easy to come by in our house since we have
four - all very strange in their own way. Squeak, our oriental
shorthair "kitten" (he's now a little over a year old), loves to be held
- particularly on his back as if you were holding a baby. This is his
favourite position for watching the fish in the 55 gallon aquarium.
Somehow, they must look better upside down. *laugh* He's also our
other shower cat but he usually sits on the side of the tub, observing
the action. He also likes the shower massage but only through the clear
vinyl inner shower liner.

Chelsea, our Maine Coon, if given a chance will jump in the pond to go
after the frogs. (Her favoured prey are reptiles of all sorts.) She's
also been known to jump in the 55 gallon aquarium if given the
opportunity. OTOH, shes *hates* getting wet if it isn't by her choise.
She also goes bonkers for sauerkraut, refried beans and diced
tomatoes. I guess someone forgot to tell her that cats are supposed to
be carnivores.

Last but not least, we have our bread raider. You can't leave any bread
product out where Spike, our other Maine Coon, can get it. Ginger snap
cookies and graham crackers are his particular favourites.

Susan
shsimko (at) dukedotedu

Old 06-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Philip Edward Lewis

Kathleen wrote:
dangerous and propably immoral as well, and would sit outside the shower
stall howling at the top of his lungs until you got done.

inside cat's brain
oh my goodness.... water.... everywhere... you must have been *really bad*.
/inside cat's brain

Well, that's my Mia's brain anyway... she does the same thing.

--
be safe.
flip

Old 08-11-2003, 01:02 AM
D Kat

I'm informing my 4 cats that they are far too normal. I only wish I could
get my Mainecoon in the shower. The dog already takes care of clogging the
drain.. DKat