Old 10-11-2003, 03:32 AM
cyestyear

Default Hawk problem

I have this nasty hawk who keeps eating my koi and goldfish. Any
suggestions on how to keep him or her away from the pond?
Thanks for your help!!
Old 10-11-2003, 04:32 AM
K30a

Call your state Fish and Wildlife office
and ask for their advice. There are federal
laws covering birds of prey and you need to
be aware of those.

k30a
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Old 14-11-2003, 02:03 AM
~ Windsong ~

"cyestyear" wrote in message
om...
I have this nasty hawk who keeps eating my koi and goldfish. Any
suggestions on how to keep him or her away from the pond?
Thanks for your help!!

==============
We had so many predators we finally netted our ponds. Nothing else worked.
We haven't lost one fish to snakes, frogs, herons etc. since the netting.
--
Carol.....
I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only

Old 15-11-2003, 06:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"cyestyear" wrote in message
om...
I have this nasty hawk who keeps eating my koi and goldfish. Any
suggestions on how to keep him or her away from the pond?
Thanks for your help!!

I read your question a few days ago, and did some research. I posted links
to the information I found on our website, www.iheartmypond.com. Check out
the Bird of Prey links at,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/topiclis...als&sc1=Birds.

--
BV.
WebPorgmaster

Old 16-11-2003, 04:32 PM
cyestyear

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message ...
"cyestyear" wrote in message
om...
I have this nasty hawk who keeps eating my koi and goldfish. Any
suggestions on how to keep him or her away from the pond?
Thanks for your help!!

I read your question a few days ago, and did some research. I posted links
to the information I found on our website, www.iheartmypond.com. Check out
the Bird of Prey links at,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/topiclis...als&sc1=Birds.

Thank you for your input!!
Old 16-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Axolotl

"cyestyear" wrote in message
om...
"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"cyestyear" wrote in message
om...
I have this nasty hawk who keeps eating my koi and goldfish. Any
suggestions on how to keep him or her away from the pond?
Thanks for your help!!

I have seen some local restaurants use the following technique to control
birds flying overhead.
They string fishing line between the surrounding trees and the buildings,
usually about 15-20 feet high. If they don't have any suitable trees they
use 20 foot poles, they don't have to be very thick as there is next to no
load. They use fairly heavy line, so the birds can see it, but it fine
enough that people don't notice it. It might work against hawks, might even
work for herons.

Hawk Moth - hawk moth.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 13-06-2007 02:00 PM
Possible hawk problem Gene Ponds 8 22-07-2003 06:33 PM
Hummingbird Hawk Moth GeoffH United Kingdom 26 25-06-2003 08:30 PM
Hummingbird hawk moth brimon United Kingdom 9 17-06-2003 01:56 PM
starling/hawk/seagull/frog in the fir tree K30a Ponds 9 19-04-2003 10:20 PM