Old 11-11-2003, 12:12 AM
James Curts

Default Hello - Intro

Hello All,

Just found your site and read a few posts. I am Jim Curts and live in the
Portland Oregon area, semi retired and looking for something to fill in some
time with. Would like to get more involved with ponds and perhaps the
maintenance of them. Do not have an area suitable myself.

Are there web pages which will offer some guidance on not only the building
but the maintaining and caring for ponds? Some good ideas on designs would
be nice also.

Thank you

Jim

Old 11-11-2003, 12:12 AM
K30a

Hi Jim!

These are good overall sites with LOTS of information.

http://www.pondrushes.net/
and
http://www.geocities.com/bickal2000/pond.htm
and
http://www.fishpondinfo.com

k30a
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Old 11-11-2003, 03:12 AM
James Curts

Thank you K30a,

I just love secrets and code names. ;-}

The pages look interesting and I will undoubtedly spend time on them.

Are there any folks on here who are involved in building ponds with
knowledge of pumps & filters, etc. requirements?

Take care

Jim

Old 11-11-2003, 05:32 AM
jammer

Boy, did YOU come to the right place!

Welcome, Jim

Old 11-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Zookeeper

James Curts wrote:

Just found your site and read a few posts. I am Jim Curts and live in the
Portland Oregon area, semi retired and looking for something to fill in some
time with ...

Welcome to a fellow Oregonian! You should be able to fill lots of time
with ponds and pond related projects ;-) ;-)

Another good site with links to other pond sites is our own BV's pages:
http://www.iheartmypond.com

You might want to change your email address to something "spam proof" so
you don't get inundated with junk mail. See my address or others here
for suggestions on how to foil spambot address gathering programs.
--
Zk (zookeeper)
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies

Old 11-11-2003, 06:02 PM
James Curts

Thanks ZK,

Will put this addresses on my to do list.

Jim

Old 13-11-2003, 07:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

If you want to get into some heavy reading on koi ponds check out
www.akca.org there you will find several articles on pond construction,
pond filtration, water quality, fish health, etc. Click on Koi Health
Advisor in the Menu. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a