Old 15-11-2003, 02:22 AM
BenignVanilla

Default OT About OT

Last year when I joined the group, I found Nov-Jan to have more OT then OnT.
I've noticed lately that there are a growing number of OT's and some posters
are starting to talk about it. I figured I'd be a bit pro-active about OT's.

On rec.ponds, as the season grows cold and our ponds become skating rinks,
we tend to wander OT a lot. This is considered very acceptable in the NG
because many of the people that frequent this group have become close
friends over the years. We like to chat about whatever when the pond topics
are a bit frozen.

If you are against OT's, I suggest you delete all posts that begin with
OT...except for this one of course. I assure you we'll wonder back to ponds
in the spring. Until then, Windows is better then Linux. On guard...*laugh*

--
BV.
WebPorgmaster

Old 15-11-2003, 04:42 AM
K30a

Non-ponding chores for bored OT ponders ~~

1) clean linen closet - found an air pump but still don't know why it was in
the linen closet...
2) dig way into youngest son's room and rescue aquatic frogs who had been
displaced due to youngest son's latest evil.computer.genius project
3) take shop vac to family room while band is out making new CD (only $5!) be
careful shop vaccing up broken guitar strings... figure out what to do with
half a cymbal and wonder how on earth they managed that.
4) find a turkey baster that hasn't been used for water changes for
Thanksgiving.
5) clean cattail fuzz off watergardening labradors' coats after a romp across a
frozen frog bog.
6) Keep the bird feeders full, make sure the squirrel has his fair share of
peanuts and the labradors have their morning patch of sunshine by the back
sliders.

k30a
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Old 15-11-2003, 04:42 PM
John Hines

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

If you are against OT's, I suggest you delete all posts that begin with
OT...except for this one of course. I assure you we'll wonder back to ponds
in the spring. Until then, Windows is better then Linux. On guard...*laugh*

BV, if your bored, why don't investigate some of the tens of thousands
of other groups, which discuss other topics?

Old 15-11-2003, 06:12 PM
sandra

"K30a" wrote in message
Non-ponding chores for bored OT ponders ~~

2) dig way into youngest son's room and rescue aquatic frogs who had been
displaced due to youngest son's latest evil.computer.genius project

more details please...

4) find a turkey baster that hasn't been used for water changes for
Thanksgiving.

GROSS!!! if in doubt, buy a new one

sandra
ponding here slowing down too. temps in central Ca. still upper 60's so I'm
still feeding fish once a day and they eat pond salad in between.

Old 15-11-2003, 06:43 PM
BenignVanilla

"John Hines" wrote in message
news
"BenignVanilla" wrote:

If you are against OT's, I suggest you delete all posts that begin with
OT...except for this one of course. I assure you we'll wonder back to

ponds
in the spring. Until then, Windows is better then Linux. On

guard...*laugh*

BV, if your bored, why don't investigate some of the tens of thousands
of other groups, which discuss other topics?

Bored? I am not bored, and I do frequent other groups.

BV.

Old 15-11-2003, 07:42 PM
K30a

Sandra wrote 2) dig way into youngest son's room and rescue aquatic frogs
who had been
displaced due to youngest son's latest evil.computer.genius project

more details please...

About the evil.computer.genius' plans?
(Can't help you there, to me a computer is a glorified typewriter!)
or the aquatic frogs?
(And the role of turkey basters in caring for aquatic frogs...)

Old 15-11-2003, 08:22 PM
K30a

Besides if we all went off to other
groups how would we keep up with
our rec.ponders?

Speaking of keeping up...
re Thanksgiving ~ are you a
host or a hostee?
Are you a cook or a consumer?
If you are a host or a cook how
many are you expecting?
And who has been here long enough
to know about my yearly search for
the mystery pie?

Old 15-11-2003, 11:02 PM
John Hines

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"John Hines" wrote in message
news
"BenignVanilla" wrote:

If you are against OT's, I suggest you delete all posts that begin with
OT...except for this one of course. I assure you we'll wonder back to

ponds
in the spring. Until then, Windows is better then Linux. On

guard...*laugh*

BV, if your bored, why don't investigate some of the tens of thousands
of other groups, which discuss other topics?

Bored? I am not bored, and I do frequent other groups.

It is a pattern I've seen over the years (16 now) where a group of
people, come to the same place due to common interests, a sense of
communities develops, the common interest takes a back seat to the chat
of that community, which then is totally strange to anyone new that
wants the topic.

Besides, it ISN'T the off season for like half the world's ponders, who
live in the other hemisphere.
Old 15-11-2003, 11:02 PM
K30a

John wrote Besides, it ISN'T the off season for like half the world's
ponders, who
live in the other hemisphere.

Well, yeah, but where are they??
Come on, any question on green water, let 'em
at me! I'm ready!

k30a - who put away the lawn chairs, the flower pots and caught a glimpse of
the fish-cicles today.
Old 15-11-2003, 11:22 PM
john rutz

mmmmmm prickly pear pie??

Old 15-11-2003, 11:33 PM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message

Besides if we all went off to other
groups how would we keep up with
our rec.ponders?

Speaking of keeping up...
re Thanksgiving ~ are you a
host or a hostee?
Are you a cook or a consumer?
If you are a host or a cook how
many are you expecting?
And who has been here long enough
to know about my yearly search for
the mystery pie?

This year we're going off to the family for TG, but we'll be hosting my
family's side Christmas. Should be cool. As for the pie, I don't do pie, BUT
I do have a cool appetizer. It sounds gross, but it is AWESOME. Take a block
of cream cheese, and poor a bottle of Pick-a-Peppa Steak Sauce over the top.
Scoop some off on a cracker. It has to be Pick-a-Peppa.

Old 15-11-2003, 11:33 PM
BenignVanilla

"John Hines" wrote in message
snip
It is a pattern I've seen over the years (16 now) where a group of
people, come to the same place due to common interests, a sense of
communities develops, the common interest takes a back seat to the chat
of that community, which then is totally strange to anyone new that
wants the topic.

Besides, it ISN'T the off season for like half the world's ponders, who
live in the other hemisphere.

Everything you say is true, which is why we (most of us) are faily religious
about ensuring there is an OT in the subject line. This group accepts that
method, so it is acceptable.

BV.

Old 16-11-2003, 01:03 AM
Mary Shafer

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:29:58 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

This year we're going off to the family for TG, but we'll be hosting my
family's side Christmas. Should be cool. As for the pie, I don't do pie, BUT
I do have a cool appetizer. It sounds gross, but it is AWESOME. Take a block
of cream cheese, and poor a bottle of Pick-a-Peppa Steak Sauce over the top.
Scoop some off on a cracker. It has to be Pick-a-Peppa.

A companion to this is a block of cream cheese with crab meat on the
top (about the same volume as the cheese) and some seafood cocktail
sauce poured over it. Scoop this up with crackers. You can use
little shrimp instead of the crab.

Mary

Old 16-11-2003, 01:03 AM
K30a

Or hot green pepper jelly!
yum :-)

btb - I found a recipe for sugarless,
concentrated apple juice only, pumpkin
pie that isn't too bad, if you are into
that sort of thing.

Old 24-11-2003, 10:24 PM
Rich Conley

big block of cream cheese..smeared on bottom of small casserole dish, 2 cans (or
homemade) of chili on top, then about 1 lb of shredded cheese on top. Microwave
until everything melts....best dip ever.

not for the faint of heart, or clogged of arteries.