Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-11-2003, 01:32 AM

Default Think this wil work?

We have an active artesian well on our property. It drains off into the
local lake in a 2" pipe 24X7X365, winter, summer, etc.

I would like to build a pond and water fall system and use the artesian
water to supply the system.

Questions:
Water is about 55 degrees, is this too cold to support plant and fish life?
With this steady flow, I should not need a pump or filters (right?)
I would like to drain the pond into the lake.

What I am worried about is if the pond floods, the ornamental fish and
vegetation may get spread into the lake.

Any suggestions? I know I have a 900 acre pond in the back yard why do I
want a pond? What else can I do with all that wasted water?

Thanks
John Lange

Alex jones I hope these two never meet. It wil lbe climate change2 Jonno[_22_] Australia 0 02-02-2010 10:22 AM
Do you think this would work as a container garden? [email protected] Gardening 3 02-01-2008 12:10 AM
Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
How Did Stonehenge Work? Matthew Montchalin Plant Science 5 26-04-2003 01:26 PM
Fence Post Protector does it work? has anybody used it? dp Gardening 7 12-02-2003 05:25 PM