Old 21-11-2003, 01:32 AM

Default Think this wil work?

We have an active artesian well on our property. It drains off into the
local lake in a 2" pipe 24X7X365, winter, summer, etc.

I would like to build a pond and water fall system and use the artesian
water to supply the system.

Questions:
Water is about 55 degrees, is this too cold to support plant and fish life?
With this steady flow, I should not need a pump or filters (right?)
I would like to drain the pond into the lake.

What I am worried about is if the pond floods, the ornamental fish and
vegetation may get spread into the lake.

Any suggestions? I know I have a 900 acre pond in the back yard why do I
want a pond? What else can I do with all that wasted water?

Thanks
John Lange

Old 21-11-2003, 03:22 AM
John Hines

"\(\(\(\\\" John Lange"
wrote:

We have an active artesian well on our property. It drains off into the
local lake in a 2" pipe 24X7X365, winter, summer, etc.

I would like to build a pond and water fall system and use the artesian
water to supply the system.

Questions:
Water is about 55 degrees, is this too cold to support plant and fish life?
With this steady flow, I should not need a pump or filters (right?)
I would like to drain the pond into the lake.

Probably could raise trout in the pond you create. Your local DNR will
be the ones to ask, if the water runs off your property.

Alex jones I hope these two never meet. It wil lbe climate change2 Jonno[_22_] Australia 0 02-02-2010 10:22 AM
Do you think this would work as a container garden? [email protected] Gardening 3 02-01-2008 12:10 AM
Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
How Did Stonehenge Work? Matthew Montchalin Plant Science 5 26-04-2003 01:26 PM
Fence Post Protector does it work? has anybody used it? dp Gardening 7 12-02-2003 05:25 PM