Old 01-12-2003, 02:32 AM
RED1102

Default Pond Evaporation

Does anyone else have a problem with the water in their pond evaporating this
time of year. I live in Northern, NJ and have noticed that the water seems to
be
evaporating more this year. I hope that's what it is & not a hole in my liner
(.
My pond is about 700 gallons.
Carole
Old 01-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Bonnie

RED1102 wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem with the water in their pond evaporating this
time of year. I live in Northern, NJ and have noticed that the water seems to
be
evaporating more this year. I hope that's what it is & not a hole in my liner
(.
My pond is about 700 gallons.
Carole

Hi Carole,
We've been having quite a bit of rainfall, but the winds
we've been having could account for the loss of water. Try
topping off the pond and keep a close watch.

--
Bonnie
NW/NJ

Old 08-12-2003, 05:03 PM
ponder

We get that as well, I am in Ontario, not to cold right now, just enough to
freeze the top layer but yes it seems that the water shrinks when it freezes
and then when it melts it fills back up.
I have seen our water level go down 2 inches when it is really frozen!

"Bonnie" wrote in message
RED1102 wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem with the water in their pond evaporating

this
time of year. I live in Northern, NJ and have noticed that the water

seems to
be
evaporating more this year. I hope that's what it is & not a hole in my

liner
(.
My pond is about 700 gallons.
Carole

Hi Carole,
We've been having quite a bit of rainfall, but the winds
we've been having could account for the loss of water. Try
topping off the pond and keep a close watch.

--
Bonnie
NW/NJ

Potted plant water loss from evaporation? Bruce W...1 Gardening 6 17-11-2003 07:22 AM
Evaporation rate guesses bob carwell Ponds 14 27-10-2003 06:02 PM
evaporation bighead Ponds 4 04-07-2003 08:41 PM
Evaporation rtk Ponds 1 01-07-2003 07:08 PM
reducing evaporation from any water or soil surface Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 0 05-05-2003 01:20 AM