Old 14-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Gail Futoran

Default unidentified green frog

I see small green frogs around here but have been unable to
identify them, either through books or the Herps of TX site.
I did get a few good photos and would like to post them to a
binaries group and direct interested parties there to maybe
help me ID the frogs, but there are SOOOOO many binaries
groups, and I don't know which I should be posting the frog
photos to. Any suggestions, preferences?

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 14-12-2003, 09:33 PM
GrannyGrump

photos to. Any suggestions, preferences?

alt.binaries.clip-art

Ask for help in ID'ing the little critters.

Old 15-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Gail Futoran

"GrannyGrump" wrote in message

photos to. Any suggestions, preferences?

alt.binaries.clip-art

Ask for help in ID'ing the little critters.

Ok, I checked out alt.binaries.clip-art and all I saw was a
bunch of postings of ... clip art. Not the place I would
think for real-life photos of wildlife - unless I'm missing
something??

Gail

Old 15-12-2003, 02:47 PM
KenCo

Gail Futoran wrote:
"GrannyGrump" wrote in message

photos to. Any suggestions, preferences?

alt.binaries.clip-art

Ask for help in ID'ing the little critters.

Ok, I checked out alt.binaries.clip-art and all I saw was a
bunch of postings of ... clip art. Not the place I would
think for real-life photos of wildlife - unless I'm missing
something??

Gail

rec.binaries.herp?
search rec groups

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Old 15-12-2003, 02:47 PM
GrannyGrump

think for real-life photos of wildlife - unless I'm missing
something??

You're missing something...

Try Ken's suggestion.

Old 15-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Rex Walker

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:19:34 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

I see small green frogs around here but have been unable to
identify them, either through books or the Herps of TX site.
I did get a few good photos and would like to post them to a
binaries group and direct interested parties there to maybe
help me ID the frogs, but there are SOOOOO many binaries
groups, and I don't know which I should be posting the frog
photos to. Any suggestions, preferences?

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

As a start you might visit=20

http://talkto.thefrog.org/index.php?...opic&forum=3D7

Then a visit to=20

http://www.lifesci.utexas.edu/research/txherps/frogs/

might help you identify your frogs.

Old 15-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Gail Futoran

"KenCo" wrote in message
Gail Futoran wrote:

rec.binaries.herp?
search rec groups

Unfortunately my server doesn't list any rec.binaries group,
just alt.binaries groups, and no alt.binaries.herps or the
like. I suppose the thing to do is go to Google groups and
try to find something that might work without offending
anyone with a potentially off-topic question.

Gail

Old 15-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Gail Futoran

"GrannyGrump" wrote in message

think for real-life photos of wildlife - unless I'm

missing
something??

You're missing something...

Clip art is mostly line drawings, and most of that is
related to the Holiday season. I really don't think the
posters to alt.binaries.clip-art would appreciate my coming
in with a real-life frog photo and asking for an ID. That's
why I asked if I was missing something but you really didn't
tell me what I was missing.

Try Ken's suggestion.

As I wrote to Ken, my server doesn't list any rec.binaries
groups, only alt.binaries groups and none that list herps or
frogs or toads or anything similar.

I'm heading for Google groups and will figure something out
on my own. I just thought if someone here had experience
posting wildlife/pond/etc. photos to a binaries group, they
could point me in the right direction, as I've tried to help
others in the past.

So I'll just retract the request and thank those of you who
tried to help. I'll take it from here on my own.

Gail
San Antonio TX

Old 15-12-2003, 03:41 PM
GrannyGrump

think for real-life photos of wildlife - unless I'm missing
something??

You're missing something...

Try Ken's suggestion.

Offical Frog ~ Pacific Chorus Frog kthirtya Ponds (moderated) 1 02-05-2007 05:18 PM
Green Frog Eggs Heather Ponds 2 11-06-2005 04:19 PM
Bullfrog vs green frog John Bachman Ponds 17 16-08-2004 02:34 PM
Green Frog vs. Bullfrog Anne Lurie Ponds 2 24-05-2004 04:10 PM
Unidentified weed ?? gray United Kingdom 5 15-02-2003 05:31 PM