Old 21-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Judi9000

Default Pre Formed Pond Leak

Does anyone out there know how to repair a leak in a pre formed pond liner? My
umbrella palms grew into the side of the pond causing it to bend and then
crack. Thanks for any suggestions. Judi
Old 21-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Judi9000

After I repair the leak I thought about adding turtles to this pond and keeping
my fish in my other larger pond. I'm still not sure about the RED EAR SLIDERS
and what they need to stay alive. I live in Bakersfield, Ca (zone 8,9 I think).
Do they need heaters? Heat lamps? Will they sneak to the other pond and eat my
fish? How many gallons per turtle? Thanks, Judi
Old 21-01-2004, 09:09 PM
GrannyGrump

Does anyone out there know how to repair a leak in a pre formed pond liner? My
umbrella palms grew into the side of the pond causing it to bend and then
crack. Thanks for any suggestions. Judi

Take a soldering iron and melt the crack until it is sealed.
or

JBWeld the crack.

or

a href="http://www.sanitred.com/WaterFountain.htm"SaniTred it/a

Old 22-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Dan D.

Does anyone out there know how to repair a leak in a pre formed pond liner?

I successfully repaired my preformed pond a couple of years ago.
I used a thin copper patch that was about 3 or 4 inches wide and longer
than the crack.
I buttered the DRY crack with RTV silicone sealer.
I then pop riveted the patch over the crack.
You could also use Stainless steel or galvanized sheet metal
screws instead of pop rivets.
You could also use aluminum flashing for the patch.
You could even cut a patch out of the bottom of a section of aluminum
gutter. You "might" even get by with a patch made from a soft drink
can but that's awfully thin.

Good Luck!
Peace!!
Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA
visit my pond and garden pages!
http://ky-dan.com
Old 22-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Dan D.

Does anyone out there know how to repair a leak in a pre formed pond liner?

I successfully repaired my preformed pond a couple of years ago.
I used a thin copper patch that was about 3 or 4 inches wide and longer
than the crack.
I buttered the DRY crack with RTV silicone sealer.
I then pop riveted the patch over the crack.
You could also use Stainless steel or galvanized sheet metal
screws instead of pop rivets.
You could also use aluminum flashing for the patch.
You could even cut a patch out of the bottom of a section of aluminum
gutter. You "might" even get by with a patch made from a soft drink
can but that's awfully thin.

Good Luck!
Peace!!
Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA
visit my pond and garden pages!
http://ky-dan.com

patch for a small pre-formed pond john Ponds 4 27-07-2005 01:12 PM
Pre formed pond anneb Ponds 7 24-07-2004 02:06 PM
pre formed ponds anneb Ponds (alternative) 0 19-07-2004 11:27 PM
leak in concrete pond - a little help? Big Bill Ponds 6 06-08-2003 07:22 PM
Leak in pond PSupez Ponds 2 27-07-2003 03:22 PM