Old 08-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Ka30P

Default no fish :-(

Was out skimming styrofoam peanuts out of the
pond today that blew in with the last couple of
wind storms. The pond is very clear and I looked
all over it and I can't see any fish.

Now this isn't surprising :-(

In the beginning of the winter I got caught off
guard and had a freeze overnight that I wasn't
ready for. That did in a couple of fish. Then we
had the power outage and snow, snow and more
snow. We had ice and snow on the pond for
weeks. Most I've ever had with the pond
That did a whole bunch more.

JJ and our ponding friend BB did better as they
had nets on the pond and I think that helped.

As we are painting the house this spring and time
is going to be tight I'm going to leave the pond unstocked
until we can clean it, get lilies fertilized and weed out
the old bog. Then I think I'll put in rosie reds, some of
jj's fantails and youngest son's two indoor goldfish
who are getting displaced from the tank.

I don't want to get too carried away in case we
are going to start into a cycle of more adventuresome
winters.

Sure was good for the teenagers in our world. They
learned a lot about snow driving, getting cars out of
drifts, how many kids it takes to move different sizes
of cars and they shoveled a lot of snow...

kathy :-)
Old 08-02-2004, 01:37 AM
matrix

I am very sorry for your loss.;-(

Old 08-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
Was out skimming styrofoam peanuts out of the
pond today that blew in with the last couple of
wind storms. The pond is very clear and I looked
all over it and I can't see any fish.

Now this isn't surprising :-(

Hopefully some of the fish are hiding and will reappear
when the weather warms.
Driving in snow is certainly a learned experience. We've
had plenty of snow lately, and black ice is now the problem.
The last storm started as snow and changed to rain. The
snow started melting and then we got another cold front, all
the melted snow froze and ice rinks formed all over. My
neighbor pulled into his drive and did a complete spin.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 08-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Offbreed

Bonnie wrote:

My neighbor pulled
into his drive and did a complete spin.

I stepped into a parking lot and did a complete spin. G

Oooh, I still hurt.

Watch your step. Black ice is a good bone breaker.